balckxr Member 34 Member For: 20y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 30/06/07 12:25 AM Posted 30/06/07 12:25 AM Gday, Im lookin at upgrading my speakers in my 03 XRT, I have the premium sound package and want to replace the factory speakers with better quality, does anyone no the size of the standard speakers ? Also where are they situated (eg, One set in the front door and one in the parcel shelf ) or is there a set in the back doors aswell, my cars in the shop at the moment so I aint sureCheers
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 30/06/07 12:40 AM Posted 30/06/07 12:40 AM they are 7 by 5 inch speakers I used jbl to replace mine made a big defference yes 2 in front doors 2 in parcel shelf
balckxr Member 34 Member For: 20y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 30/06/07 12:58 AM Author Posted 30/06/07 12:58 AM Wat are they worth, do they just run off the standard head unit ? Is it a big job, wats a good quality car sound shop that has good parts and prices
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 30/06/07 01:04 AM Posted 30/06/07 01:04 AM I dont have much choice where I am but strathfield are ok they were around $130 a pair back ones not to hard just drop seats and carefully remove parcel shelf I only just slid mine forward didnt want to try an get the seat belts out of itfronts a little trickier I will see if I can find intructions for removing door skins for you I had to use a 5mm socket to undo the liitle screws there held in with
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 30/06/07 01:29 AM Posted 30/06/07 01:29 AM I bought 5*7 inch Alpine type R splits for the front.... Dont ask how they sound cause I havent put them in yet.... Bought them like a few months ago.... Should really get off my ass and fit them ey. Alpine stuff is always good... They cost me $250
turtle33 Member 578 Member For: 21y 7m 11d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 30/06/07 03:50 PM Posted 30/06/07 03:50 PM clarion for $90 tried them against the mb quartz at $300. I recon the clarions with the std head unit and no amp were better
PepeLePew Uncle Bulgaria was gender challenged Member 208 Member For: 22y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Gawler Posted 30/06/07 11:38 PM Posted 30/06/07 11:38 PM Likely the Clarions have a lower power rating and are more efficient at the weak levels the head unit puts out...Too easy to put in speakers designed to handle 200W when the 20W the H/U puts out just wont drive them properly.Take a look at EBay for options too (just throw 5x7 component in search)...sourcing from the U.S. even after shipping can be mucho cheaper.
RUS531 RUS531 Legacy Donating Member 410 Member For: 20y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Emerald QLD Posted 05/07/07 09:36 AM Posted 05/07/07 09:36 AM I've got Focal 5 x 7's cost 250 from autobarn they were dearer than the alpine ones at the time (type R). I bought one set for the front (I got 6x9's in the rear), very happy with them. I've also heard excelent reports about the Rockford Fosgate "Power" series 5x7 speakers.I bought the focals over the rockfords because you can angle the tweeter, handy for the doors
XsiV Member 6 Member For: 19y 2m 2d Gender: Male Posted 05/08/07 11:40 AM Posted 05/08/07 11:40 AM Hey Guys,Are you using an amp to power these aftermarker speakers? or is the stock power output from the deck/amp powerful enough to run them?Cause its a pain in the backside to run cable from the deck, back to the amp you mount in the boot, then back down to the front speakers!
Ghia Member 191 Member For: 23y 9m 27d Gender: Male Location: Aus.Vic.Melb Posted 10/08/07 11:35 PM Posted 10/08/07 11:35 PM (edited) Hey Guys,Are you using an amp to power these aftermarker speakers? or is the stock power output from the deck/amp powerful enough to run them?Cause its a pain in the backside to run cable from the deck, back to the amp you mount in the boot, then back down to the front speakers! I'm running Alpine 5x7's (factory tweets still in the front) all round and they are a marked difference to the factory stuff. Mines running of the stock unit at the moment and I think you'll find most of these guys are too. Edited 10/08/07 11:36 PM by Ghia
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now