xr6me Member 26 Member For: 19y 3m 26d Gender: Male Location: Marrickville, Sydney Posted 16/06/07 01:34 AM Posted 16/06/07 01:34 AM Howdy. I'm new hear and while not new to owning a Ford, I am new to owning an XR6 Turbo Ute ... and I'm looking for someone to modify the inside plastic lining to lower it a bit so I can fit stuff in under the hard lid. Thanks for your help.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 16/06/07 06:53 AM Posted 16/06/07 06:53 AM Close to impossible - you could add some lower sections but there's not enough room to lower the entire tray.And :banghead:
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 16/06/07 07:10 AM Posted 16/06/07 07:10 AM Can't be done...The liner sits on the sheetmetal which forms part of the tub body.
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 7d Gender: Male Posted 16/06/07 07:17 AM Posted 16/06/07 07:17 AM u could chop of all the raised bit and it would leave u with a floppy plastic grate for a tray :banghead:cant really see that there is much u could dobuy small stuff to put in it.. or take of the hard cover I guess
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 16/06/07 07:24 AM Posted 16/06/07 07:24 AM buy small stuff to put in itCan't get much better advice than that! :banghead:
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 7d Posted 16/06/07 11:37 AM Posted 16/06/07 11:37 AM buy small stuff to put in itYou cant lower it mate, even if you midified the tub for it to be lower, there is a chassis where the tub bolts on and a fuel tank in they way, buy a carryboy canopy or something along those lines.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 16/06/07 11:40 AM Posted 16/06/07 11:40 AM What the f*ck would you know?
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 7d Posted 16/06/07 11:42 AM Posted 16/06/07 11:42 AM Your right tab...I wouldn't know anything about trays, canopies, tubs ect
xr6me Member 26 Member For: 19y 3m 26d Gender: Male Location: Marrickville, Sydney Posted 17/06/07 12:58 AM Author Posted 17/06/07 12:58 AM Thanks .... I can't buy smaller stuff. I'm a tuba player ... and the bell of the instrument is about 3 inches larger than the tray depth ... I need to drop say, the section behind the wheel arch on one side and that would be enough to get it in. Do you think that might be possible?
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 7d Posted 17/06/07 01:00 AM Posted 17/06/07 01:00 AM No, there is a chassis in the way.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now