loopism Tractor Driver Member 709 Member For: 20y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 20/06/07 12:41 AM Posted 20/06/07 12:41 AM The old CAPA edit look old new now dosn't it.Erm .... sure ....
kjoy064 Member 276 Member For: 19y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: WA Posted 20/06/07 01:25 AM Posted 20/06/07 01:25 AM Sounds good, If you don't want the box it's $290 for the bullet plus the tune $195 = $485 but if you want the box it's $695 + $195 for tune $890.00 and you can have mulitple cars on the one box but by extra bullets @ $290 ea.Nice now to decide on Sniper or Ford Flasher
FSIX Member 566 Member For: 20y 11m 4d Posted 20/06/07 01:58 PM Posted 20/06/07 01:58 PM (edited) Nice now to decide on Sniper or Ford Flasherif you have a 6 speed auto, Sniper may be the best option as long as they come p with the auto software within 8 weeks..Also Sniper holds 6 bullets be good to get 1 or 2 mates if you like to switch between tunes share the cost of the machine.. Edited 20/06/07 02:00 PM by FSIX
J2Racing Member 70 Member For: 19y 5m 29d Posted 21/06/07 12:32 PM Posted 21/06/07 12:32 PM wow, sounds like a great option vs the capa box.... one thing I would like to know though, is with the capa box you get the generic xr6t tunes preloaded into the box, for someone like me, having a daily driver and just wanting a little more power out of it, I really couldnt be assed spending the extra cash to get it custom tuned.... any news on if the 'sniper' box comes with similar generic style performance tunes?Then again, I guess with the cheap price of the 'sniper' box, the extra money spent with the custom tune would bring you near to the price of a new capa box, but with the custom tunes instead.... eh im just thinking out loud now...
Guest Guests Posted 21/06/07 08:34 PM Posted 21/06/07 08:34 PM Id think we'd all be will to take a good look at the new software, the question is who's got the guts to go first???wow, sounds like a great option vs the capa box.... one thing I would like to know though, is with the capa box you get the generic xr6t tunes preloaded into the box, for someone like me, having a daily driver and just wanting a little more power out of it, I really couldnt be assed spending the extra cash to get it custom tuned.... any news on if the 'sniper' box comes with similar generic style performance tunes?Then again, I guess with the cheap price of the 'sniper' box, the extra money spent with the custom tune would bring you near to the price of a new capa box, but with the custom tunes instead.... eh im just thinking out loud now...from what Ive seen the stock edit tunes that come with the flasher work best in the XR6T and F6, running stock edits in a N/A 6 is a waste of time as the power increase is only around 3 or 4 Kw at the most.Some have told me its the same for the XR8, I can see why some XR6T drivers would be happy to run just the stock edit but you'd want to watch your A/F ratio. I don't think the edits much chop with out a Custom tune, just my 2 cents, sorry about going off topic, just trying to help with the last post.
Guest Guests Posted 21/06/07 08:36 PM Posted 21/06/07 08:36 PM (edited) The old CAPA edit look old new now dosn't it.Ha ha ha...........The old CAPA edit looks old news now dosn't it. left the "S" off sorry. Edited 21/06/07 08:36 PM by NOS XR
bzerkone Member 132 Member For: 19y 3m 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 22/06/07 03:19 AM Posted 22/06/07 03:19 AM IMO the Sniper is a better option it seems to be more versatile spoke to bpt motorsport in perth today and theyre getting the actual customer boxes in 2 - 4 weeks atm theyve only got the software to program the bullets onto your car and not the box as its still waiting to come from the us.. gettin mine when back in town not getting the software version though not keen on destroyin my engine haha leavin it to the "professionals"
loopism Tractor Driver Member 709 Member For: 20y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/06/07 06:30 AM Posted 22/06/07 06:30 AM I know this sounds cynical - but I seriously doubt that the software in the ZF trans has been cracked. If I were a betting man I'd bet pounds to peanuts that it's the TCM they are referring to.
Kenaz Member 51 Member For: 19y 3m 10d Posted 25/06/07 03:32 AM Posted 25/06/07 03:32 AM I know this sounds cynical - but I seriously doubt that the software in the ZF trans has been cracked. If I were a betting man I'd bet pounds to peanuts that it's the TCM they are referring to.I was thinking the same thing, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
nathen ride the lightning Legacy Donating Member 338 Member For: 19y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 23/08/07 02:37 PM Posted 23/08/07 02:37 PM any one used it?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now