MYWPN Legacy Donating Member 554 Member For: 21y 3m 1d Gender: Male Location: Bendigo Posted 13/06/07 02:09 AM Posted 13/06/07 02:09 AM Keep in mind that this isn't the first car to let go in such a way...Goldie's car for one let go doing the exact same thing, slowing down for a roundabout.The damage was already done from the last squirt
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 13/06/07 03:24 AM Posted 13/06/07 03:24 AM mabee the ford tech thrashed it at the 30k service.
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 10d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 13/06/07 03:59 AM Posted 13/06/07 03:59 AM Was'nt the car pinging for awhile before it blew?CYA JEFF
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 13/06/07 05:34 AM Posted 13/06/07 05:34 AM (edited) 16 psi is a lot of boost to run on standard T internalsgood luck with the rebuild... time to wind her up!!! Edited 13/06/07 05:35 AM by jetute
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 13/06/07 08:33 AM Posted 13/06/07 08:33 AM It is? There's heaps of cars running around 15psi and I know of a couple running 18psi with no problems.Boost isn't what kills them!
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 13/06/07 10:21 AM Posted 13/06/07 10:21 AM mine peaks at 15 if that's what your getting at.. others have pointed out that 15 maybe a little high but am glad to see that you disagree :flameman: how many BA T's do you know that run 18 psi on an every day tune and who tuned them:blink: do you mean torque?? cause I will bring you a new update on a totally stock car shortly that just gave up the ghost.... as soon as the problem is diagnosed I will report.. am sure it couldnt be torque as car is totally stock.If you dont mean torque what is it? and how much boost can we run if it aint got anything to do with it?off to watch the game
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 13/06/07 10:27 AM Posted 13/06/07 10:27 AM What I said isn't totally accurate...It's more the boost delivery (hard) that will cause failures.I'm not going to speculate on the cause of this engine failure or any other for that matter, I'll leave that up to all the keyboard mechanics around here. The fact is there's heaps of reasons why an engine can fail!The 18psi is an everyday tune and was done at the owners request and has been running happily for along time.I've run a max of 15psi for almost 60,000kms with not a hint of trouble. :flameman:
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 13/06/07 10:35 AM Posted 13/06/07 10:35 AM The fact is there's heaps of reasons why an engine can fail!exactly....and im not saying the 16psi caused it... am just saying that its a fair bit to pump through the stock internals... considering these things are failing stock and that some cars sem to cop weaker bits then others.if anyone thinks that 16psi or 18 psi is fine to run through stock internals on a T then that's up to them.... I too have run a max of 15 for the whole life of my car ... do I think the engine will last?/? who knows.... time will tell.... doesnt matter if you have 60K on the clock or 15K... if it lets go it lets go... it does not necessiraly mean its tune related.
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 5d Posted 13/06/07 12:38 PM Posted 13/06/07 12:38 PM I tend to agree.I have a colleague at work with a NA MKII XR6. 30,000k's on the clock and the engine just lunched itself. This guy is also a very conservative driver so abuse would not be an issue. Just goes to show that sometimes it just comes down to basic component failure regardless of mods or tune.
Gary Member 20 Member For: 19y 3m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 18/06/07 05:59 AM Posted 18/06/07 05:59 AM Can I ask how you normally drive ? do you drive the car hard, what mods do you have fitted, does it have an edit etc.. the reason I ask is it just doesn't gel that the engine can just "blow". I'm just trying to get my head around the amount of damage caused, when you went around the roundabout did you plant it ? or as you mention just cruised around and prior to the engine letting go had you given it an excessive fang? something that may have weakened the engine.Sorry, bit verbose but I'm getting a T in a couple of weeks and just wanted to know.Gary
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now