Sly_Bastard Member 72 Member For: 19y 8m 29d Gender: Male Location: Brissy Posted 04/11/07 08:37 AM Posted 04/11/07 08:37 AM I used eucalyptus oil aswell and it did the jobnow rice fags and cops dont know what im packingI agree, I like the look of it better now, especially the side skirts. Eucalyputus oil worked well for the adhersive but as I have a white car there was dark grim the oil couldnt take off. So carefully used the alcohol swabs to get rid of the really bad grim as not getting a cut and polish for a bit. For some reason had really bad grim. You could tell I had taken off the badges and could still read it in the paint. Not sure but QLD weather and water restictions might have had something to do with it. Now you cant tell I ever had badges. :fear (5):
TOM1111 Member 631 Member For: 19y 2m 3d Gender: Male Location: newcastle Posted 04/11/07 08:50 AM Posted 04/11/07 08:50 AM I had the black grime crap aswell and just packed on the oil then polished and waxed the area
Sly_Bastard Member 72 Member For: 19y 8m 29d Gender: Male Location: Brissy Posted 04/11/07 09:06 AM Posted 04/11/07 09:06 AM I had the black grime crap aswell and just packed on the oil then polished and waxed the areaLOL 2 problems with that. Im too lazy and QLD water restrictions mean I cant really polish the car as cant clean it properly :(Im probably just using water restrictions a an excuse for problem A.
TOM1111 Member 631 Member For: 19y 2m 3d Gender: Male Location: newcastle Posted 04/11/07 09:07 AM Posted 04/11/07 09:07 AM well I had some one helping me so I shared the scrubbing to get the black crap offgetting the actual badge off was heaps easy
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 04/11/07 09:08 AM Posted 04/11/07 09:08 AM dude that is seriously lazy, get some water in a bucket, pour it over the area, wipe dry, then polish away, I can't beleive that, "water restrictions don't let me polish my car"You're lazier than me!
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/11/07 09:36 AM Posted 04/11/07 09:36 AM Bit off topic but what the best way to put them back on? I want to relocate my turbo badge.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 04/11/07 10:38 AM Posted 04/11/07 10:38 AM just buy a new one from ford or ebay, the stuff on the original adges is pretty well stuffed once you take em off
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 10m 23d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 04/11/07 01:27 PM Posted 04/11/07 01:27 PM I used some double sided tape, and cut it into thin strips and placed it on the back of the turbo letters. you have to pull of all the old double sided tape off the rear of the badge letters first though. very time consuming but it works great.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/11/07 09:12 PM Posted 04/11/07 09:12 PM Even if you do get the ford badge off you will be left with indent where the Badge is.....And a couple of holes from the pegs on the badge.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now