Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 29d
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

I am pretty close to ordering an XR6T Ute, I am happy with the way they drive etc., however I am concerned about the reliability problems that have been raised on this site. Do most new cars, australian cars, have these sorts of dramas.

I am about to sell my highly modded 1990 Silvia K's, which I have been flogging the arse out of for the last 4 years, from which I have never had a problem, and never had to replace anything.

It seems strange that the reliability that I have come to appreciate from my car will be compromised by getting a new one. :huh:

  • Flaccid Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NOONAMAH, go figure.....
Posted

I've not been on this site long, but if you look at most of the posts people are very happy with the T, mine arrived at the dealers yesterday and I can't wait to get into it. Little things may go wrong with a new car, but hey, that's what the warranty is for :D . I don't think this car is any worse than any other new model released and I'm willing to bet it's a darn site better than some!

  • I see red
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 11d
  • Location: nowhere in particular
Posted

You raise a good point Bez. So why are you selling your highly modded 1990 Silvia to buy a XR6T ute if the Sylvia is so reliable and probably goes just as well (maybe better?) than the Ford?

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 11d
Posted

Irrespective of any other little quality or technical glitches you may have along the way, the best thing you can do to keep your "T" in good health is to change the oil regularly, and use good quality oils. Dirty oil will kill a turbo quicker than thousands of kms of hard driving, so don't skimp on the oil changes. Personally, I think 15,000 kms is too long for any car, let alone a turbo..........if you change it every 10,000km you'll be better off in the long run, and long after your warranty has expired.

Brent.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 29d
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
You raise a good point Bez. So why are you selling your highly modded 1990 Silvia to buy a XR6T ute if the Sylvia is so reliable and probably goes just as well (maybe better?) than the Ford?

I am selling it because I can't carry ladders and signs in it. Plus, as exciting and rewarding as it is to drive (about 2 secs. 1/4 mile faster than XR6T) I just don't like Japanese cars and the stereotype that goes with them. I haven't sat behind the blue oval for a few years (not since my xp coupe), and even if I am driving it to the dealer to get fixed, I will still be happy driving it. Something about driving an aussie car that gets my blood pumping. Maybe it's the reminder that these things are not as precicely built as some imported cars because they are built by real people, aussie people.

Don't mean to sound so racist guys, but you know what I mean.

Can't wait to get my new ford...

  • My new toy
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld.
Posted

We have had our turbo since december and have done 16000 km and had only one minor problem it stalled twice in the first week took it back to dealer and have had no more problems to this date.

A new model as this is can have minor problems but there does not seem to be any more problems than any other make of car. (some are worse than these)

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 3d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

The car is very reliable, the only problem I have had is all the minor teething problems,brakes read through some of the other posts on this site. Apart from that it is gret to drive has plenty of performance. You'll enjoy it.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Albany Creek QLD
Posted

A great car - go for the premium brakes if you can afford it - you will then have no brake issues.

Guest Banun
  • Guests
Posted

15,000km and just a great car...you will be very very happy.

The brakes needing machining is the only problem but my Late model camira did this too.

A quantum leap for ford

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 25d
  • Location: Ipswich...along the goat track
Posted

MMMMMM XR6T ...One day it will be mine....all mine.....mmuuuwwaaaahhhhhhhh, but also the wifes..heheehhe

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...