Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 6d
  • Location: Dapto
Posted

Hi ive just got my XR6T and was wonder where the Mp3 adapter goes ? I wanted to get one has anyone got one?

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 3d
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

I have it (havnt used it though)

This photo shows it (the wires in the photo arent normally visible)

It goes in the small plastic tab under the tissue holder.

The wires from the plug run over to the fuse panel where it plugs into a 4 pin connector.

post-2-1054541281.jpg

Guest Dis_Orderly
  • Guests
Posted

those connections dont look crash hot

I would have thought for an extra the would have been finished off a bit better

  • The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 11m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney Australia
Posted

It seriously doesnt look that bad..I have it installed in my car too.. and it looks fine..

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 3d
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Like I said in my post - "(the wires in the photo arent normally visible)"

All you can see is the silver bezel - the wires are there as I took the photo whilst diassembling the console for a car kit and had poulled the wires down from behind.

  • Brendan Dennis
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Vic
Posted

Cam,

Assuming that there are only 3 wires that go from the 3.5mm plug (shown in the pic) to the car wiring loom. Where does the other end of the kit plug into the loom of the car.? Is it the white 4 pin plug under the dash behind the fuse box next to the mobile phone loom plugs?

If so can you tell me what pins connect to what? It looks simple to make up thus avoiding the cost of the "Genuine" ford wiring kit... How much was the ford kit?

Any info / pics would be handy.?

Thanks.

Guest esky
  • Guests
Posted
those connections dont look crash hot

I would have thought for an extra the would have been finished off a bit better

I've got it and I've never seen it, as it's way up out of sight, but use it often.

It works well, even my crappy DAC fitted Ipaq plays sweet melodies. :innocent:

esky

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 3d
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
Cam,

Assuming that there are only 3 wires that go from the 3.5mm plug (shown in the pic) to the car wiring loom. Where does the other end of the kit plug into the loom of the car.? Is it the white 4 pin plug under the dash behind the fuse box next to the mobile phone loom plugs?

If so can you tell me what pins connect to what? It looks simple to make up thus avoiding the cost of the "Genuine" ford wiring kit... How much was the ford kit?

Any info / pics would be handy.?

Thanks.

Yes it is the 4 pin connector next to the mobile phone connectors.

Not sure which wires go where - will see what I can find out and get back to you.

As for DIY - it should be very simple to do.

I think it costs about $65 - I got it with the car so Im not sure what price it would be from the spares department.

  • Brendan Dennis
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Vic
Posted

Cam,

Cool. Thanks. I wondered what the white plug was for...

Not urgent. Just when you have time... (and a multi meter if you have one) :innocent:

Guest Dis_Orderly
  • Guests
Posted

ahh cool

sould be good too mini disc upto

or maybe I should invest in mp3player

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...