bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 4m 26d Location: Canberra Posted 16/05/07 06:17 AM Posted 16/05/07 06:17 AM I truly mean no offence to anyone here but, having a 300rwkw T myself and knowing what it's capable of, I gotta say that it scares the bejesus out of me to see so many obviously very young and very inexperienced fellas coming on board and talking about doing serious mods. I mean, I've read questions ranging from "what's flywheel kw" to "what's octane boost(er)" from people who are thinking about extracting 300-odd rwkw out of their newly acquired toys. It's a very scary mix indeed. I know I'll probably get flamed for this and will be barking up the wrong tree, but I hope most/all of the new guys have some sense of self preservation and respect for other road users when driving around in what will be one of the more powerful cars on the street. Give yourselves a couple more decades or so and you'll (hopefully) see where this silly old fella is coming from!!
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/05/07 06:36 AM Posted 16/05/07 06:36 AM Perfectly logical to me.You cant tell a 21year old he/she doesnt know how to drive and cant handle the power.
stealthxr Legacy Donating Member 553 Member For: 20y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: The Shire Sydney AUS Posted 16/05/07 06:36 AM Posted 16/05/07 06:36 AM Mate im a 100% with you on that statement.....
howitzer85 Member 241 Member For: 19y 7m 8d Gender: Male Location: The marsh... Posted 16/05/07 06:37 AM Posted 16/05/07 06:37 AM I agree 100%If you don't know the answers to questions like that then you really need to consider gaining more knowlage and experience before handing your car to the local tuner and asking for more power.
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 4m 26d Location: Canberra Posted 16/05/07 06:42 AM Author Posted 16/05/07 06:42 AM Well, I don't want all the younger members thinking we're out to get them, or that they can't ask whatever questions they want to (I'm a great believer of the saying that there's no such thing as a silly question), but I felt strongly enough about what I have been seeing to voice my concerns. With any luck at least some of these guys will stop to think that a few of the more experienced members here actually know what they're talking about. I have no qualms about admitting that if I'd been behind the wheel of a 300rwkw car when I was 21, I probably wouldn't be here today. And, of course, nobody (and I mean nobody) could have convinced me of that at the time.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 16/05/07 06:44 AM Posted 16/05/07 06:44 AM YEah times have changed from when I was a P plater, I am now 36.In 20 years we have seen fast cars get faster and cheaper. We have also seen the invention of ABS, Airbags and ESP (collision avoidence technology).This has created a false sence of safety and security in our modern cars. People think they are a good driver and can handle anything because they feel safer in there 8 airbag equiped car.Add a serious amount of power and it can turn very nasty very quickly.My car is stock with about 240rwkw and it is quick. Personally I do not see a need to get anymore than 300rwkw for a regular street car as it can be very dangerous in inexperienced hands. That being said, it is up to the individual to decide what is best for them, and what they can handle. I could drive a 400rwkw beast if I wanted too, but I would never let my wife drive it or any of my friends.
youngy Member 293 Member For: 21y 25d Posted 16/05/07 06:46 AM Posted 16/05/07 06:46 AM I agree but its like anything, at age 18 you can buy any roadbike you want and ride it legally. New bikes today can run 9sec quarters dead stock and go well past 300kmph, tell me that's not more dangerous!At the end of the day you have to respect what you drivewhich doesnt come with age but training.
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 16/05/07 06:53 AM Posted 16/05/07 06:53 AM
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 4m 25d Gender: Male Posted 16/05/07 06:58 AM Posted 16/05/07 06:58 AM Whats young ?? 18 to ????
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now