adamw Member 143 Member For: 22y 2m 13d Location: Darwin Posted 15/05/07 08:08 AM Posted 15/05/07 08:08 AM Hi guysI'm a new member - located in Darwin.I'm looking to buy a BF or BF II XR6 turbo with the 6spd auto. I'm finding a few for sale but they seem unrealistically priced - the dealer up here wants 40k for a used 2005 BF with the ZF and no options.Does anyone know ofa) anyone selling one privately for a realistic priceorb) a dealer who is selling demos for a good price35k is really the most I would spend.At the pickles auction here, a clean 06 with the ZF (no options) went for 29k with 40k's on the clock. That was about 3 months ago - I wasn't ready to buy at the time unfortunately.Thanks guys.Adam
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 15/05/07 09:07 AM Posted 15/05/07 09:07 AM I seriously doubt you will ever find a demo model with what you want for 35k.Just because that's all you want to spend doesn't mean you can get a car for that price. I think you are going to have to increase the budget by a reasonable amount.
mickbundy Member 243 Member For: 22y 3m 5d Location: W.A Posted 15/05/07 09:37 AM Posted 15/05/07 09:37 AM Mate what is unrealistic price ? let people know how much you have and are willing to spend and I am sure they will help yoo want a yoot or sedan all the best in you hunt
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 15/05/07 10:20 AM Posted 15/05/07 10:20 AM 35k is really the most I would spend.
adamw Member 143 Member For: 22y 2m 13d Location: Darwin Posted 15/05/07 10:40 AM Author Posted 15/05/07 10:40 AM I seriously doubt you will ever find a demo model with what you want for 35k.Just because that's all you want to spend doesn't mean you can get a car for that price. I think you are going to have to increase the budget by a reasonable amount.Not quite sure what you mean by 'with what you want'. I'm happy with 2nd hand (doesnt have to be a demo), I don't need any options -- the only thing I'm really mandating is the ZF box. it can even be an 05.I'm not sure why 35k wouldn't be a reasonable budget for that given the prices I've seen them fetch at auction (29k). Granted, you're buying without driving, and it could have issues - but it is still under new car warranty - I thought adding another 6k on top of that would get me one easily - but seemingly not.I can't increase the $35k budget so if I can't find one for that price, I have to find something else unfortunately.Adam
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 15/05/07 12:02 PM Posted 15/05/07 12:02 PM You should be able to pickup an ex cop car with the premo brakes and 6speed for under what you are asking.They are starting to show up at the auctions now, but you may need to buy on the east coast.Darwin will not have the same quantity as the east coast and the higher prices will reflect this.
JBomb3000 Legacy Donating Member 875 Member For: 20y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 15/05/07 12:02 PM Posted 15/05/07 12:02 PM I'm not sure why 35k wouldn't be a reasonable budget for that given the prices I've seen them fetch at auction (29k).Well what the point of your thread then? waltz on down to the auctions and get one.
adamw Member 143 Member For: 22y 2m 13d Location: Darwin Posted 15/05/07 12:56 PM Author Posted 15/05/07 12:56 PM Well what the point of your thread then? waltz on down to the auctions and get one.They don't come by often in DarwinAt the pickles auction here, a clean 06 with the ZF (no options) went for 29k with 40k's on the clock. That was about 3 months ago - I wasn't ready to buy at the time unfortunately.
Harry_BFXR6T Member 17 Member For: 19y 4m 29d Posted 16/05/07 12:35 AM Posted 16/05/07 12:35 AM Denmark Ford in Brissy, have what your looking for, $35000 maybe $36 with on road. I got mine from there for $39 at the start of the year with the T56 box, Premo-sound, Premo Brakes, 17's with new Dunlops, 6000k's on the clock. BF 06
adamw Member 143 Member For: 22y 2m 13d Location: Darwin Posted 16/05/07 02:21 AM Author Posted 16/05/07 02:21 AM Denmark Ford in Brissy, have what your looking for, $35000 maybe $36 with on road. I got mine from there for $39 at the start of the year with the T56 box, Premo-sound, Premo Brakes, 17's with new Dunlops, 6000k's on the clock. BF 06Thanks mate.. I'll give them a call today. Sounds like you got a great deal!Thanks also to those with helpful PMs.Adam
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now