Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 25d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 14/05/07 03:47 PM Posted 14/05/07 03:47 PM Flukey's shout at the bar tommorow night!!
CRAMMED XR6 Member 34 Member For: 20y 8m Location: Melbourne Posted 15/05/07 12:00 AM Posted 15/05/07 12:00 AM Who's the accountant? Exactly.I have no doubt that it won't be long till we see Union propaganda adverst with so-called testimonials such as:'I have a very close friend who's second cousins, aunite's previous dog owner's uncle, who stubbed his toe because of Howard's Work Choices.', or 'If it wasn't for work choices, the twin towers would still be standing today.'I'll say it again, Zap's reply was the best approach. Lay down the facts in a calm polite manner, don't get personal, don't get angry, don't get into legals. At the most tell them you will have to seek legal advice and will get back to them if they want to stick to their guns.Only go legal as a last resort because in the end, the lawyers will be the winners.YEAH but they told me that's why hailey's comet collided with the moon. actually I hardly ever speak to the union. but I do know a couple of people that have gotten screwed over by the IR laws.
aniken I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Legacy Donating Member 4,316 Member For: 23y 9m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, south west Posted 15/05/07 11:53 AM Posted 15/05/07 11:53 AM So what happened?
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/05/07 12:41 PM Author Posted 15/05/07 12:41 PM Interesting day today: I put my case forwrad to my MD 3 weeks ago that my incentives must be paid by today. In my eyes this was not negotiable. You can only put up with payment delays for so long. When its your employer, it gets very personnel.So this morning we meet and I refused ( politely ) to agree to any new terms on incentives earned under my current contract. My current contract was signed 3.5 years ago and I said it was unfair to change the conditions now. I stated that if they wanted to re-negotiate conditions on future incentives, I would listen but wouldnt promise anything.I wasnt going to budge.I gave my MD a"Gentlemens Agreement" that I would not actively pursue other employment opportunities in the next 12 months and would not consider any offers that might come my way. I thought that was fair, yet non-binding from a legal or financial perspective.It obviously went Ok, because the bulk of my incentive hit my bank account tonight which is pleasing. Finally.So end result it seems to have worked out OK, as long as the balance of what I am owed follows in the next few days.Thanks for all the input guys.Much appreciated.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 15/05/07 12:45 PM Posted 15/05/07 12:45 PM Good stuff Flukey. Now as per Dag's post - which bar?
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 15/05/07 01:00 PM Posted 15/05/07 01:00 PM Flukey, Does that mean I get 10% commission as you were sucessful ?I am glad it all worked out. Employers NEED good staff and should look after them.Glad it is all good, now do you want a job working 5hrs a day 4 days a week for $250,000 + comission for Ralph ?...oh sorry you cannot accept any offers for the next 12 months
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/05/07 01:22 PM Author Posted 15/05/07 01:22 PM Drinks on me - Bundoora Hotel is my closest watering hotel, or, we could go to Kittens Yes, comissions for you Zap. I'll pay you next time I see you mate
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 17d Gender: Male Posted 16/05/07 01:48 AM Posted 16/05/07 01:48 AM glad you were able to sort it out amicably :violin:
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 27d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 17/05/07 01:39 PM Posted 17/05/07 01:39 PM Good stuff Flukey shaz
gravelrash Member 213 Member For: 23y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: Dalby, QLD Posted 17/05/07 09:02 PM Posted 17/05/07 09:02 PM out of interest what line of work are you into??good to hear a good result. its a bit rough to hold money OWED to ransom
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now