charlie75 Member 4 Member For: 21y 2m 19d Posted 10/05/07 05:30 AM Posted 10/05/07 05:30 AM I had my 2004 XR6T looked at yesterday by RACWA prior to the warranty running out. Found a few minor things but one BIG thing you will all be interested in.The left hand side rear door intermiitently (and increasing in occurrence) does not lock. All other doors lock but not the LHR. When opened it unlocks all the other doors as well.RAC bloke said he has seen this quite often on these vehicles.Bit scary when you leave it and think it's safe.We actually noticed the reverse happening (would not UNlock with the others) and he showed us the not locking issue as well.Check your LHR doors
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 10/05/07 05:53 AM Posted 10/05/07 05:53 AM Door actuator You think Bosch would get these right by now. They have been a problem since EF.
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 10/05/07 06:33 AM Posted 10/05/07 06:33 AM Its definately a component that does get used alot.
rboksic Legacy Donating Member 514 Member For: 22y 5m 1d Posted 10/05/07 06:46 AM Posted 10/05/07 06:46 AM I had 2 actuators replaced under warranty
Ghia Member 191 Member For: 23y 9m 22d Gender: Male Location: Aus.Vic.Melb Posted 10/05/07 09:14 AM Posted 10/05/07 09:14 AM Yeah, I noticed the same thing - kind of by accident on my BA.. Took it all apart, put it back together and Its all sweet.... Maybe I'll just check again in the morning Same thing used to happen on my EF too
Boostbro Member 9 Member For: 19y 5m 18d Posted 20/06/07 10:45 AM Posted 20/06/07 10:45 AM My old AU. I had to replace, the RHR door lock mechanism/solenoid, And buy the jumper wire from a BA to fit it.Now since I own my BA the LHR door lock has gone and needs replacing, It pisses me off Ford cannot get a solution to the problem, you have to buy a complete lock assembly and they are not cheap around $150 I have been quoted so far.It is scary I found out by accident that the lock does not work I suggest to others to check your cars as well, as that door unlocks every door.
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 20/06/07 10:56 AM Posted 20/06/07 10:56 AM Got the same problem, goes in to ford on Monday to get it fixed. Been very careful where I have parked it the last couple of weeks.
illusionzzz Member 180 Member For: 20y 9m 16d Posted 20/06/07 12:58 PM Posted 20/06/07 12:58 PM Yeah one of mine did it too! Same with my mates.... Shonky solenoids. Both fixed now, no thanks to Ford, being out of warranty and all... Known faults like these should be covered for the first five years... I.e anything they put a TSB out on.
kissy Member 132 Member For: 19y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: S.E. Melbourne Posted 08/08/07 08:50 AM Posted 08/08/07 08:50 AM I just noticed today that my LHF door won t lock!!! and I'm at tafe this week in hiedleburge... soooo its way to risky to leave it unlocked there!!! Off to Latrobe Valley now to swap cars :( 3hr round trip I might pull it appart on the weekend and have a look, if that dont work I'll by a new door lock assembly...
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 08/08/07 08:55 AM Posted 08/08/07 08:55 AM Not much you can do if the actuator is stuffed, you will just have to replace it.Till you can get it fixed, park the left hand side of the car as close to a wall or something like that so the door can't be opened.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now