gravelrash Member 213 Member For: 23y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: Dalby, QLD Posted 01/05/07 12:08 PM Posted 01/05/07 12:08 PM Please help - Auxillary HarnessI installed the amplified auxillary harness this afternoon in my BA Mk II XR6T.All plugged in easy enough, but I seem to have one plug left over on the harness. I tested it and it all works but I just cant seem to find where this other plug goes. The instructions dont mention it so WTF??
PIT STOP Member 64 Member For: 19y 5m 26d Gender: Male Location: SYDNEY Posted 01/05/07 12:23 PM Posted 01/05/07 12:23 PM where is the left over loom you are talking about is it from the car harness or the aux harness that you were supplied with cause over behind the fuse panel there is two plugs 1 that interupts the audio for auxillary and one for speaker input for mobile phone kits so your audio runs through your existing speakers
koppers Member 119 Member For: 19y 9m 19d Posted 01/05/07 12:33 PM Posted 01/05/07 12:33 PM (edited) Yes there are two Aux. inputs for the stereo. Like pit stop said, one for Bluetooth handsfree and the other for ipod or equivalent. Edited 01/05/07 12:34 PM by koppers
gravelrash Member 213 Member For: 23y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: Dalby, QLD Posted 01/05/07 12:42 PM Author Posted 01/05/07 12:42 PM the harness I got from ford had three plugs on it. 2 of I have found homes for. except this one. maybe its for bluetooth??
PIT STOP Member 64 Member For: 19y 5m 26d Gender: Male Location: SYDNEY Posted 01/05/07 12:59 PM Posted 01/05/07 12:59 PM if u can take another picture and let me have a look .I have been an installer for approx 13 years and do work for the local ford dealers in the area installing phone kits,rev cameras,navigation,etc so take a photo if possible and ill have a better idea. and also if you need help on custom installs or advice also willing to help.
ritzy Member 119 Member For: 19y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: Lysterfield, Melbourne Posted 01/05/07 01:26 PM Posted 01/05/07 01:26 PM sounds like your a good person to know 'pit stop'..
gravelrash Member 213 Member For: 23y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: Dalby, QLD Posted 02/05/07 11:41 AM Author Posted 02/05/07 11:41 AM thanks to everyone helping me. I have discovered it is for a phone kit to hook up to.cheers Greg
ritzy Member 119 Member For: 19y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: Lysterfield, Melbourne Posted 02/05/07 01:48 PM Posted 02/05/07 01:48 PM So for the phone kit I need the AUX kit or is that default. Plus where is it?
phredd Member 27 Member For: 19y 5m 22d Gender: Male Location: Country Victoria Posted 13/05/07 07:36 AM Posted 13/05/07 07:36 AM Can someone explain in BASIC terms... ideally with photos.... How do I connect my MP3 player to the wiring loom adapter that apparantly exists near the tissue box ??Thanks
gravelrash Member 213 Member For: 23y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: Dalby, QLD Posted 13/05/07 09:05 AM Author Posted 13/05/07 09:05 AM I found what it is. its the plug used for a phone kit if you also have the aux booster kit.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now