plj 59 Member 212 Member For: 20y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 01/05/07 06:50 AM Posted 01/05/07 06:50 AM started car up at lunch time to hear a familar clanking sound from car when starting, after I settled down from having a spastic attack I got under car to find flexplate loose, now I only fitted new flexplate a few weeks ago. this is the 2nd time it has happened in 500ks and it started since I fitted new convertor is this the problem or is the balancing on the motor causing the problem, motor is atomic with cams with 12ks I thought if it was the convertor it would come loose between convertor and flexplate not flexplate and crank
F6_Tornado F6+300+ Member 940 Member For: 21y 10m 24d Location: In The Ute Posted 01/05/07 07:17 AM Posted 01/05/07 07:17 AM Had this on mine 4 times now so I now use lots of loctite and do them up FT.New flex plate is @ $50 and a new set of bolts each time but the torque still seems to work them lose. Could be the ZF being in lockup so much they work the flex plate clockwise and anticlockwise more so than the old 4 speed.Mine actually had no loctite on it from factory and I believe many years ago ford had a similar problem so they used loctite back then and now it’s a problem again as I know quite a few F6’s with this problem.
Billsta Member 355 Member For: 20y 2m 27d Location: Rolling on my 20's Posted 01/05/07 07:37 AM Posted 01/05/07 07:37 AM I blew mine off not long ago and the guys at CV bolted it back and then spot welded around the plate and since then no issues.
plj 59 Member 212 Member For: 20y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 01/05/07 07:56 AM Author Posted 01/05/07 07:56 AM guy next door told me about spot welding it, I hadn,t heard of this before. would it be better if crank was dowelled.
Muzza No V6 for me thanks!! Legacy Donating Member 583 Member For: 21y 1m 26d Location: Newcastle Posted 01/05/07 08:15 AM Posted 01/05/07 08:15 AM A mate got his tuned a few weeks back then the flex plate come loose on his BF F6 3 days later. don'tthink it's linked but scared him anyway.Muzza.
jungle_s14a Member 4 Member For: 22y 2m 12d Posted 06/06/07 09:52 AM Posted 06/06/07 09:52 AM how bad is it if the bolts do come loose?
markvan Member 118 Member For: 20y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: West Dapto Posted 06/06/07 12:41 PM Posted 06/06/07 12:41 PM I have had it happen twice now in 30000kms local ford dealer was kind enough to fix it for me second time around.
forced Member 97 Member For: 20y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: south australia Posted 24/06/07 02:03 PM Posted 24/06/07 02:03 PM mine came loose too and the blokes at morpowa spot welded it on and have had no probs since
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now