YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 4m 26d Gender: Male Posted 28/04/07 01:51 PM Posted 28/04/07 01:51 PM Hey people, well my problem is that when I boot my car when im going from 2nd to 3rd at about 3000 rpm (or around that mark) my car is like hitting a limiter (sort of) it will just hold that rpm untile I back of the throttle then the revs drop down and it will change gear.The sound its making is like when you spin the wheels with the traction control on, when im driving it normal every thing is sweet it seem to only happen when booting it under high revs, but only in 2nd and some times 3rd,in 1st I can rev it right out and it changes with out a drama.So is this my valve springs or my tranny or is my car just frked???I dont think its my tranny because it does change gears when cruzing, and I dont think its the engine for the same reason, its fine when cruzing so im leaning towards valves but im only running around the 230-240rwkw.And I didnt think they would be an issue at that power.I am going to get it looked at but just after some feedback.CheersMichael.
silver ghost Legacy Donating Member 109 Member For: 19y 5m 29d Gender: Male Location: airlie beach Posted 28/04/07 02:17 PM Posted 28/04/07 02:17 PM mmm mine does that if I take off slow the revs hold up high for a while then come down works fine if I flog it though just dosent like putting around like miss daisy mines bf xrt 330rwkw.
Maximus Member 1,627 Member For: 19y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: Slip Sliding Away Posted 28/04/07 10:31 PM Posted 28/04/07 10:31 PM I had a read in the manual and when your car is in neutral you cant rev over 3000rpm.Maybe the sensor thinks it is in neutral when you are in second.Just my 2cents worth.Good luckJames
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 28/04/07 11:57 PM Posted 28/04/07 11:57 PM mmm mine does that if i take off slow the revs hold up high for a while then come down works fine if i flog it though just dosent like putting around like miss daisy mines bf xrt 330rwkw. any one had trouble dynoing there car i put mine on cant get a power reading in third gear wheels spin on the rollers smoking them up and throughing rubber everywere 1020 foot pounds of torque 299kw with wheels spining how do you dyno a bfxrt im only running 235'45'18 is this my problem? How many rwkw's? 299 or 330?.....Ypurv4 Try regapping your plugs (.75 to .8mm) beware it may make you car idle a bit funky. If that doesnt fix it you may be up for valve springs. When was the last time it had a new fuel filter?
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 4m 26d Gender: Male Posted 29/04/07 01:04 AM Author Posted 29/04/07 01:04 AM To tell you the truth im not to sure it had been getting its regular servicing by ford but im not up to my 90,000k one yet, so its had what ever they have done up untile now.at first I thought it was a fuel thing but the way it just stops reving turned me off that idea.it is an auto aswell, and I also forgot to mention it has a piggy back system so maybe that has some thing do do with it aswell.
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 29/04/07 01:23 AM Posted 29/04/07 01:23 AM Valve springs have packed it in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 29/04/07 01:24 AM Posted 29/04/07 01:24 AM i Wasnt having a go at you Ypurv4... I just thought it was odd that silverghosts car picked up 31rwkw in the space of two posts.If your cars done 90000k's chances are you need plugs mate.... :spotpn: your running a piggyback...ewww..i aint touching that one....
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 4m 26d Gender: Male Posted 29/04/07 01:57 AM Author Posted 29/04/07 01:57 AM yeah in no mate, well im going to get my edit and injectors done this week but maybe im going to need valve's aswell, and new spark plugs.So will see how she go's after that.
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 9d Posted 29/04/07 12:58 PM Posted 29/04/07 12:58 PM I had a read in the manual and when your car is in neutral you cant rev over 3000rpm.Maybe the sensor thinks it is in neutral when you are in second.Just my 2cents worth.Good luckJamesUntrue, a manual only does this if you have the reverse gear selected, clutch in and you press the throttle. Even then I recall its about 4000rpm Valve springs have packed it in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!As I said to you last night Michael
Cowiesxr6t Member 249 Member For: 21y 3m 2d Gender: Male Location: Mackay Qld Posted 29/04/07 08:44 PM Posted 29/04/07 08:44 PM Mines doing the exact same thing. Just got the 90000km service and had new plugs installed. Mine does it from 3rd tp 4th and 4th to 5th. Just like yours first gear will rev all the way?? Goes in today so hopefully they can sort it out.Will let you know YPURV4 what they found.CheersPaul
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now