alpha Member 266 Member For: 19y 7m 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 27/04/07 08:19 AM Posted 27/04/07 08:19 AM "When u skip a track it sounds like a 'chirp' into the next track but the sound is staticky (if that word exists) Again not too bad just a bit annoying...."I too have the same problem when changing tracks. The Audio sound guys told me it had to do with the original/standard Ford Deck. They said a Line level converter may solve it, eventhough another sales guy(who sold me the amp) told me that my amp doesn't need the line level converter. Go figure?other than that my upgraded system sounds fine.
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 16d Gender: Male Posted 30/04/07 02:46 AM Posted 30/04/07 02:46 AM I dont think that a line level converter is what you are looking for.. that is just a unit similar to the lc6, but not as good..are you using real or burnt cds?
alpha Member 266 Member For: 19y 7m 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 03/05/07 10:14 AM Posted 03/05/07 10:14 AM Real cd's
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 16d Gender: Male Posted 04/05/07 01:53 AM Posted 04/05/07 01:53 AM sorry no clue then.. my old pioneer used to do that with burnt cds is all..
bdazla Legacy Donating Member 71 Member For: 22y 3m 12d Posted 11/06/07 01:46 PM Posted 11/06/07 01:46 PM you need to make sure you have good earths for the amps and the lc6 unit. Sometimes multiple earths. Then on top of that you need to find a balance between the gain output of the lc6 and the gain on the amps. too little on the lc6 and a too much on the amp will create noise. too much on the lc6 will cause massive distortion and clipping. there is a fine balance and it can be a biarch to find, but it is there. Where did they install your lc6 unit in the car?
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 12/06/07 10:07 AM Author Posted 12/06/07 10:07 AM Hey bdazla did u attend a cruise a few months ago.... driving a phoon... I think I remember the name cause their your plates correct?Anyway the LC6i is attatched to the rear on the rear seats facing out the boot...I've decided to get ASL to add RCA's to my ICC and get rid of the LC6... It costs as much as the LC6 and that's fitted too! Then im gonna tidy up the install.. and if I still have whine ill get that sorted aswell...Mike...
bdazla Legacy Donating Member 71 Member For: 22y 3m 12d Posted 12/06/07 10:27 AM Posted 12/06/07 10:27 AM Yep, that would be me. I have also thought about the rca's from ASL but would like it to have a higher output voltage so that the amps don't have to run high gains. I still get a little bit of whine from my setup with the lc6 but only a tiny bit. I still need to find some time to play with it all again. I used to have the stinger convertors before that. I have noticed that the amp you use to drive the speakers also makes a huge difference. Let us know how it turns out.Cheers
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 13/06/07 12:07 PM Author Posted 13/06/07 12:07 PM So gettin ASL to do the rca's the sound quality wont be as good as a normal head unit? If that's the case I reckon ill maybe just fit an aftermarket head unit (mmm mp3's), or go the dvd player. Either way I wanna get rid of the LC6, tuning that thing is a bi*ch, that fine line u spoke of is very fine indeed and did I mention the wiring I dont really plan on doing it anytime soon though... the car is on hold for a while and when I do come back to it I think ill go performance mods...LOL. All in due time I guess... they way it sounds now I can live with it for a while..Mike..
bdazla Legacy Donating Member 71 Member For: 22y 3m 12d Posted 13/06/07 12:56 PM Posted 13/06/07 12:56 PM If you look at the specs of an after market head unit it will typically have a minimum pre amp output of 5Volts. Some head units have even more. I haven't looked at head units for quite some time now so I am not sure just how high the voltage on the pre outs go up to.If you do the ASL way the preamp output is something like 0.5 - 1Volt (Not 100% sure of the exact voltage so please feel free to correct me). This means that the amp driving your speakers has to run at higher gain levels and does several nasty things. 1. Introduces that wonderful whine. 2. Introduces more distortion and noise.3. Works the amps harder than they need to.4. Thus creating more heat.5. Means more ventilation required.6. More stress on the battery.7. Means a capacitor is needed.8. etc, etc, etcThe list of nastiness is very high in comparison to running off an aftermarket unit. I personally will never put an aftermarket unit in just for the higher output rca's and better clarity but there have been many who have and absolutelt swear by it. It's all just a matter of how far you want to go and how deep your pockets are. Good luck with it all. bring on the power I say! mmmm pooowwwweeeeeerrrr!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now