cooltint Member 686 Member For: 23y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast QLD Posted 19/04/07 02:06 PM Posted 19/04/07 02:06 PM Cost me just over 1500 for Bilsteins all round and whiteline sway bars front and back, still reckon my car would handle better than any poxy R-spec GT.FPV, you cheap bast@rds, where is the GT with the low boost supercharger and coilovers, now that you could call R-spec or dare I say it GT-HOHere here.Big AL
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 22d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 19/04/07 02:59 PM Posted 19/04/07 02:59 PM I understand the R-spec 'suspension' is based on the previously aborted monotube Delphi shocks, that were intended to be released ages ago. I forget whether it was for the BA or BF, and whether it was going to be FPV only.Ford's manufacturer had probs with development, and so put the project on hold. Obviously, they didnt completely throw their money away, and kickstarted things again.Simply, the R-spec suspension equates to to more aggressive bump and rebound shock settings, in a more advanced shock absorper package. Dont know about spring rates, though you'd imagine they'd have been tweaked too.Good on FPV for offering an alternative, though I'm not going to be ditching my Bilsteins or swaybars for them ($1500 fitted all up w/adjustable bars).Hell, for the money FPV will be asking, I'd much rather get myself the full Tein BF suspsension - with height and damping rate adjustment (damping adjustable on the fly with the EDFC cabin controller):
gravelrash Member 213 Member For: 23y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Dalby, QLD Posted 19/04/07 07:30 PM Posted 19/04/07 07:30 PM The car is not released yet, so I doubt there will be much more info on it untill it is released.As for what is the R-Spec, it is just uprated suspension. I would bet a set of Bilstein's, some springs and anti roll bars would cost 50% less and be better than the FPV offering.I passed one on the road over the easter break between Goondiwindi & Moree.
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 18d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 19/04/07 09:56 PM Posted 19/04/07 09:56 PM I got the motor mag too. Here is a scanned image of the pages:
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 19/04/07 10:27 PM Posted 19/04/07 10:27 PM I passed one on the road over the easter break between Goondiwindi & Moree.Anyone with a black Falcon can get gold stripes and make it look like a GT40th, this is the problem with this model.SFA has been changed over a GT. I guess this makes sense, since a new model is coming out next year, but they could have done something more special than that.All this shows is that Ford/FPV have done their usual half arsed effort AGAIN and THINK they have created something special.This car is more of a joke than the EL/EB GT was in it's day.
cooltint Member 686 Member For: 23y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast QLD Posted 20/04/07 12:29 PM Posted 20/04/07 12:29 PM Anyone with a black Falcon can get gold stripes and make it look like a GT40th, this is the problem with this model.SFA has been changed over a GT. I guess this makes sense, since a new model is coming out next year, but they could have done something more special than that.All this shows is that Ford/FPV have done their usual half arsed effort AGAIN and THINK they have created something special.This car is more of a joke than the EL/EB GT was in it's day.So when are you putting your order in Zap? Big AL
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 1m 6d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 23/04/07 11:11 AM Posted 23/04/07 11:11 AM looks tough as far as im concerned
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now