Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Country Victoria
Posted

Sorry... I hope that's not a derogatory comment already.

Some people are new at this. that's why we join forums....

  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Country Victoria
Posted
www.capa.com.au

I have heard of these units many times.

Interested if you guys think this is the one to go for or is there a better one.

I figure with all the members on here I should be able to get an informed response.

Another question.... How would a Capa go with an ex-chaser. Am I correct in assuming its already been flashed in some way ??

:blink:

  • CNUTOX
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Not sure?
Posted (edited)
Sorry... I hope that's not a derogatory comment already.

Some people are new at this. that's why we join forums....

Nothing aimed at you mate. A joke about the Fat Tony, that's about it. Oh and captain blonkvious, he's always here to help, even if you run out of fuel at 2 in the morning! :blink:

BTW welcome, and get the edit first, then see where you go. Don't rush, cos it all be over to soon, and then you'll need to spend much bigger to get the same reaction.

And no the car is as ford intended, slow and lifeless! lmao

The ex VL BT1 was the last of the performance packs I believe, now you get a bigger battery, that's about it.

Edited by ENVY-T
  • Im the one and only
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my house
Posted
I have heard of these units many times.

Interested if you guys think this is the one to go for or is there a better one.

I figure with all the members on here I should be able to get an informed response.

Another question.... How would a Capa go with an ex-chaser. Am I correct in assuming its already been flashed in some way ??

:blink:

Proabably not but when you run it on the dyno they will see if its running more then STD boost.The EDIT and custom tune will supress your need for speed for awhile anyway.Next step is exhaust mod,injectors,pump,cooler and actuator.

Cheers

Darren

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Country Victoria
Posted

Ok.... So I am thinking I need to do some reading.......

Already confused.... Edit and custom tune. Thought they were the same ???

As I said earlier.... the BF goes boat loads harder than the BA I had so something must be up somewhere.

Not that I'm complaining mind you. But the BA was shop standard, and this BF clearly has something happening somewhere.....

Still getting <9lt/100klm too..... Gotta love it......

Now.... Where's my mate with the XR8 gone ??? :blink:

  • Im the one and only
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my house
Posted

EDIT is the box that is used to flash you cars computer and custom tune is where a tuner downloads his fuel and timing maps into the box and then loads them into your car.The EDIT box comes with 2 performance tunes already in it so you can load them in straight away when you purchase your box.It has a 8 psi tune and a 10 psi tune aswell as a factory tune and a valet tune which wont let the car run boost(be flogged)

  • CNUTOX
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Not sure?
Posted
As I said earlier.... the BF goes boat loads harder than the BA I had so something must be up somewhere.

Not that I'm complaining mind you. But the BA was shop standard, and this BF clearly has something happening somewhere.....

The BF will be Quicker, cos you have a much different set of ratios in the auto.

  • Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 10m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dé·jà vu
Posted
Sorry... I hope that's not a derogatory comment already.

Some people are new at this. Thats why we join forums....

Jeez mate ya gotta get a thicker skin than that round ere......

Yes it was a derogatory comment but it wasnt aimed at you, but if it bounced..... who am I to argue.... :stirthepot:

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Country Victoria
Posted
EDIT is the box that is used to flash you cars computer and custom tune is where a tuner downloads his fuel and timing maps into the box and then loads them into your car.The EDIT box comes with 2 performance tunes already in it so you can load them in straight away when you purchase your box.It has a 8 psi tune and a 10 psi tune aswell as a factory tune and a valet tune which wont let the car run boost(be flogged)

OK. Make sense of that no worries....

So.. just to clarify... the CAPA unit I hear so much about is an EDIT ?? or is EDIT a brand itself.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...