CL1MAX Member 29 Member For: 20y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne (S.E.) Posted 09/04/07 12:57 PM Posted 09/04/07 12:57 PM dont stress about 5x7'sget these 5 x 7 spacer which are $28 dollars here (website is in USD)any jb hifi can order them in for youthey are called - SA68 by Scosche
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 5m 2d Location: Canberra Posted 10/04/07 06:39 AM Posted 10/04/07 06:39 AM Ghia, I'm not into DIY when it comes to in-car stereos so I can't comment on ease of installation, but for your info I have Focal 5x7 coaxs in the rear and Focal 165 VSlim splits up front. I was told the regular 165s (165 V2?) wouldn't fit due to mounting depth issues but that the VSlim version would be good for the task. Now I know this isn't a direct replacement, but I THINK I remember them saying that Focal may be producing a template for the BAs to enable easier fitment of their range of speakers - this may be worth following up?I have a Focal 11" sub in the boot but, to be honest, am a little disappointed with its performance to date. This could be due to the tiny box it's mounted in, which is why I'm keen to know more about these sub enclosures PIT STOP has mentioned!
Shock_Xr6 Member 28 Member For: 20y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 10/04/07 09:14 AM Posted 10/04/07 09:14 AM I got the custom 2 12inch type r's custom bulit in to the lhr qtr panel looks great sounds even better ill post up pics 2morow if you want
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 10/04/07 09:32 AM Posted 10/04/07 09:32 AM I got the custom 2 12inch type r's custom bulit in to the lhr qtr panel looks great sounds even better ill post up pics 2morow if you wantDude... sounds good.. are u a ute or sedan hehehPics would be awsome
Shock_Xr6 Member 28 Member For: 20y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 10/04/07 09:35 AM Posted 10/04/07 09:35 AM sedan buddy lol. I got it put it on thursday hasnt missed a beat since lol.
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 10/04/07 09:41 AM Posted 10/04/07 09:41 AM How much boot space have ya lost?? I love bass but also need a boot... hehehI like to have my cake and eat it too...Where are your amps n etc... mounted?
Shock_Xr6 Member 28 Member For: 20y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 10/04/07 12:15 PM Posted 10/04/07 12:15 PM well wen I put the pics up you will c it the alpine pdx amps are quiet small and are on the rh qtr sitting on top of each other, not much boot space lost still fitted 2 golf bags in there on weekend. When I get my digi cam back 2morow I will post the pics. And yes there is great great bass
loopism Tractor Driver Member 709 Member For: 20y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/04/07 01:42 AM Posted 11/04/07 01:42 AM Pls use rl English, not txt spk FFS!
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 14d Posted 11/04/07 02:44 AM Posted 11/04/07 02:44 AM Pls use rl English, not txt spk FFS!ave u got a prob wif da way ppl r replyn in dis thread?
Shock_Xr6 Member 28 Member For: 20y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 12/04/07 08:34 AM Posted 12/04/07 08:34 AM Here are pictures of my boot set up as requested. Enjoy, And yes its loud.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now