Am I Getting Ripped Off?

RUS531

• RUS531
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 8d

Hi all,

I just had the 15000km service done at 10000Km becuase I thought that 15000 was too long to wait for a new engine's oil change. Anyway when I looked at the invoice and I realised that they charged me for bottles of oil.

1 x 5L : $27.52

2 x 1L : $21.08

Is this normal?? becuase I am sure last time I had a seakpeak out in the Ford workshop they had great big tanks of oil. Surly they don't buy it by the bottle, and if so I would rather pay an extra 6 and ask for the 3L remaining out of the 2nd bottle of oil.

I'm thinking of spending a bit more $ for a good qualitly oil like royal purple, next time I or ford do a service (the next one according to ford is at 30000!!!???). does anyone else use this oil in their N/A6 or T's and can I give the bottles to ford next time they do a service as long as its the same rating?.

Cheers

Cameron

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 8d

Depends on what oil they put in it, they probably don't have every oil they use in 205L drums. For that price I wouldn't think it's probably GTX 3 or something similar.

• Member For: 18y 10m 8d

I used to pay around $40 per 5L, but now I use edge, and it's closer to $70 per bottle. It's changed every 5000-7500km. Mind you, the way I'm going, I only do about 10000km per year, so I don't mind :omg:

RUS531.. have a check of your owners manual and service guide, I think you'll find that ford suggest oil changes for the T at 7500km, so a change of oil between services. I'd probably make sure you do those changes, or else goodbye warranty :freak:

• RUS531
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 8d

Cheers guys for your responses. Im gonna ask ford what oil they use and if it is in bottles.

Is it alright if I do the oil and filter changes or will ford chuck a fit if they see a different fillter on the engine and tell me my warranty is void? Whats a good brand oil filter. for my other car I usually just go to autopro and buy a ryco (I think... its a red and white box)

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 3d

They can only void your warranty if they can prove that something you've done has caused the trouble. Quite a few members on here do their own oil changes every 5-7.5 thou kms (myself included) and never have any trouble using a decent filter. I.e. ryco or valvoline.

If you wanted to be extra careful then just get a motorcraft filter from spare parts and pay a few extra $'s if it's worth it for your own piece of mind.

RUS531.. have a check of your owners manual and service guide, I think you'll find that ford suggest oil changes for the T at 7500km, so a change of oil between services. I'd probably make sure you do those changes, or else goodbye warranty :crybaby:

Only for vehicles used under harsh conditions etc.. It's only a recomendation, but it should be a requirement at least every 10,000 km for any turbo charged vehicle. Oh and Rus' is an NA, but still 15,000 is a long time between drinks.