EZ2CME Formerly XR6NA Member 3,512 Member For: 20y 10m Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 26/03/07 09:56 AM Posted 26/03/07 09:56 AM And I missed out by 2 months
Dyno Junkie Member 254 Member For: 19y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: Ascot, Western Australia Posted 26/03/07 01:11 PM Posted 26/03/07 01:11 PM NO BA2 Turbos recieved the F6 rod.. Even the First BF's XR6Turbos didnt get the F6 rods. The only time the BF Turbo recieved the F6 rod was when the Turbo Territory became available in 06←So does this mean our Territory turbo has the better rods and springs, can anyone confirm?
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 9d Posted 26/03/07 02:34 PM Posted 26/03/07 02:34 PM NO BA2 Turbos recieved the F6 rod.. Even the First BF's XR6Turbos didnt get the F6 rods. The only time the BF Turbo recieved the F6 rod was when the Turbo Territory became available in 06←So does this mean our Territory turbo has the better rods and springs, can anyone confirm?←Territory turbos came out after april 06 so the answer is yes
Max Power Member 381 Member For: 22y 4m 27d Location: MENAI, NSW Posted 27/03/07 03:08 AM Author Posted 27/03/07 03:08 AM Bummer I just missed out (by 18 months)So what am I looking at as a bare bones approach to just getting some F6 rods installed? Obviously, you can do alot more while the motor is apart but just want the rods done so I can go to 375rwkw without sweating at redline (currently at 325)........maybe the oil pump also as Ive heard theyre a weak link.Fat-tony? Anyone?
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 27/03/07 04:43 AM Posted 27/03/07 04:43 AM Bummer I just missed out (by 18 months)So what am I looking at as a bare bones approach to just getting some F6 rods installed? Obviously, you can do alot more while the motor is apart but just want the rods done so I can go to 375rwkw without sweating at redline (currently at 325)........maybe the oil pump also as Ive heard theyre a weak link.Fat-tony? Anyone?←You can't go to 375 rwkw safely with F6 rods, nor will your pistons last long at those power levels If you go beyond 350 rwkw's you need a properly built bottom end, with forged pistons and billet rods, and if you like revving high, a stronger oil pump
Max Power Member 381 Member For: 22y 4m 27d Location: MENAI, NSW Posted 27/03/07 08:33 AM Author Posted 27/03/07 08:33 AM Bummer I just missed out (by 18 months)So what am I looking at as a bare bones approach to just getting some F6 rods installed? Obviously, you can do alot more while the motor is apart but just want the rods done so I can go to 375rwkw without sweating at redline (currently at 325)........maybe the oil pump also as Ive heard theyre a weak link.Fat-tony? Anyone?←You can't go to 375 rwkw safely with F6 rods, nor will your pistons last long at those power levels If you go beyond 350 rwkw's you need a properly built bottom end, with forged pistons and billet rods, and if you like revving high, a stronger oil pump ←Sounds a bit conservative but its your opinion I guess. I tend to think that the F6 rods and standard pistons should be ok for 375rwkw then again I dont have a mechanic's licence - just based on what Ive heard around here.
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 27/03/07 08:44 AM Posted 27/03/07 08:44 AM Bummer I just missed out (by 18 months)So what am I looking at as a bare bones approach to just getting some F6 rods installed? Obviously, you can do alot more while the motor is apart but just want the rods done so I can go to 375rwkw without sweating at redline (currently at 325)........maybe the oil pump also as Ive heard theyre a weak link.Fat-tony? Anyone?←You can't go to 375 rwkw safely with F6 rods, nor will your pistons last long at those power levels If you go beyond 350 rwkw's you need a properly built bottom end, with forged pistons and billet rods, and if you like revving high, a stronger oil pump ←Sounds a bit conservative but its your opinion I guess. I tend to think that the F6 rods and standard pistons should be ok for 375rwkw then again I dont have a mechanic's licence - just based on what Ive heard around here.←Think as you like, it's your car and wallet Just hope it doesn't catch fire when it spills its guts and all that oil sprays all over the exhaust.Ask anybody here who has 1/2 an idea about these engines, if they consider 375rwkw safe with stock pistons and rods
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 27/03/07 11:08 AM Posted 27/03/07 11:08 AM Hence my 350rwkw will remain as is Still no guarantees though.
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 27/03/07 11:13 AM Posted 27/03/07 11:13 AM I can't say that I know that much technically but I was talking to my local tuner regarding my car and he won't push it past 350rwkw without doing rods and pistons so I would say Ninka is right in what he is saying. Better to be safe than sorry.
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 27/03/07 11:56 AM Posted 27/03/07 11:56 AM I can't say that I know that much technically but I was talking to my local tuner regarding my car and he won't push it past 350rwkw without doing rods and pistons so I would say Ninka is right in what he is saying. Better to be safe than sorry.←Woo-hoo, somebody gets it May you live long and have many children
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now