EZ2CME Formerly XR6NA Member 3,512 Member For: 20y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 19/03/07 10:21 AM Posted 19/03/07 10:21 AM I seem to remember you posting somewhere that you wished you got the auto SCRIBR
djgelling Legacy Donating Member 128 Member For: 23y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 19/03/07 10:33 AM Posted 19/03/07 10:33 AM With this one you need to push it left still not really knowing what gear you are in you do something. Change down. Then it comes in to its own being sequential. Short answer is to leave it in sports mode so one step is done but if you go into manual mode it stays there until you go out of Sequential and back.Just wondering how other people drive theres?←I found that after a while you will get to know the gear that the transmission is in by the engine feel and RPM, but I did have over 3 years to get used to it. On the Highway, cruising at 110 (ish) in Drive, the auto will be in 4th. For overtaking, knocking it to the left (into PERF) will lock out 4th (until you get to "hand your license back speeds"), thus dropping it to 3rd which is more than ample for a rapid overtake in the 80km/h+ region.Around town, I used to cruise in D, and when I wanted a blast, knock it to the left = 3rd, then stab forward = 2nd, now we can play a bit.If I was bored, I'd drive fully manual, and keep a mental note of my gear as it won't change until you ask it, (you'll know if you hit the rev limiter in manual mode) unless you come to a complete stop.I never really used Perf that much in its own right. (The ZF, however, is a complete new ball game!)Give it time, you will come to know what gear your in as instinctively as a manual.The only thing I found with mine was sometimes I would ask it to down shift to 2nd and it wouldn't (dunno why) and would have to ask a second time (no, I wasn't going too fast!) . That I found annoying and disconcerting.
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 1m Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 19/03/07 11:20 AM Posted 19/03/07 11:20 AM theres nuthin like giving the clutch a stab in 3rd and crab walkin the big girl upto 110+ from 60ish!autos may be faster but sooooooooooo boring!
tquarrell Member 181 Member For: 22y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 13/04/07 04:37 AM Posted 13/04/07 04:37 AM theres nuthin like giving the clutch a stab in 3rd and crab walkin the big girl upto 110+ from 60ish!autos may be faster but sooooooooooo boring!Hit the throttle at 60 and you're back to 1st gear in an auto, wheelspin galore!!!
aiboart Member 665 Member For: 21y 8m 23d Posted 13/04/07 08:10 PM Posted 13/04/07 08:10 PM Hi all. I have had my T for a week now and working a few things out. BA 4spd auto.Previous experiences with Autos was if cruising around in drive you could just bump it back a gear manually and boot it.With this one you need to push it left still not really knowing what gear you are in you do something. Change down. Then it comes in to its own being sequential. Short answer is to leave it in sports mode so one step is done but if you go into manual mode it stays there until you go out of Sequential and back.Just wondering how other people drive theres?You may care to try this in a VLPD. (very long private driveway)Ensure traction control is OnDrive around gently for a while to cool IC and engine bay and to cool the disposition of the software.Engage Performance Mode2900RPM Ensure lots of room... lots of room is required. Very briskly apply full throttle, and thence immediately tip gearselector forward to initiate downshift.Thence immediately flick selector sideways to select auto mode for upshift... before you hit rev limiter. What should happen. Car will accelerate as if hit by a golf club as revs, (over?)boost and full throttle combine and engine momentum is converted to car momentum by torque converter on downshift.No wheelspin.Acceleration will continue unabated as boost builds and airspeed builds. Airspeed improves cooling to IC and adds small ram air effect.Upchange will again convert engine momentum to car momentum...and the car will continue to accelerate in a most impressive manner...What may happen.Acceleration will be there but not of the golf club variety. Try it again when IC and engine bay are cooler and software is in a better mood.You will get two or three of the golfclub downshifts as described, thence they will be lacklustre by comparison to the first few. Heat and software driveline protection are now affecting performance.Regards,aa
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 17d Gender: Male Posted 13/04/07 10:15 PM Posted 13/04/07 10:15 PM I seem to remember you posting somewhere that you wished you got the auto SCRIBR what can I say some times I get a case of the CBF's does it help that I always see an XR and wondering.. "should I have got that colour?"
ritzy Member 119 Member For: 19y 8m 19d Gender: Male Location: Lysterfield, Melbourne Posted 04/06/07 09:16 AM Posted 04/06/07 09:16 AM Wonder if going back and forth from Adj to Sports to manual and back again would play bad things with the Auto????
MrBean Member 400 Member For: 20y 5m 2d Location: Melbourne Posted 04/06/07 09:24 AM Posted 04/06/07 09:24 AM theres nuthin like giving the clutch a stab in 3rd and crab walkin the big girl upto 110+ from 60ish!If you had a bit more rwkw's you could do the same with a ZF-6speed On a private road or dragstrip of course.....[MrBean hide-mode on]
loopism Tractor Driver Member 709 Member For: 20y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/06/07 10:38 PM Posted 05/06/07 10:38 PM Wonder if going back and forth from Adj to Sports to manual and back again would play bad things with the Auto????Can't see why it would.
Guest dico2020 Guests Posted 06/06/07 10:38 AM Posted 06/06/07 10:38 AM what can I say some times I get a case of the CBF's does it help that I always see an XR and wondering.. "should I have got that colour?" hehe what, like last friday night??? heheh
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now