Mattttty Legacy Donating Member 66 Member For: 19y 9m 15d Gender: Male Posted 10/03/07 06:41 AM Posted 10/03/07 06:41 AM hey I just installed a headdeck in a ba falcon I used the mobile phone connector for the constant power accessories and ground I wired up all the speakers and I I turned it on it started to work then just cut out and now I cant get it to work any ideas thanks
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 10/03/07 02:30 PM Posted 10/03/07 02:30 PM Check and re-check all your wiring..... I almost smashed my amps and other stuff just to find out one of the wires from the LLC to rear speaker wires was loose... its always in the last place u look ey.....Apart from that I dunno
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 10/03/07 02:47 PM Posted 10/03/07 02:47 PM FUSE.....??
Robit28 Member 385 Member For: 20y 11m 2d Location: Brisbane Posted 10/03/07 03:15 PM Posted 10/03/07 03:15 PM Use a multimeter or test light to ensure you have power to the unit.Rob
Ghia Member 191 Member For: 23y 9m 24d Gender: Male Location: Aus.Vic.Melb Posted 11/03/07 08:15 AM Posted 11/03/07 08:15 AM I'll third that - you could have blown a fuse or wired it incorrectly.that's the first place I'd be looking
Mattttty Legacy Donating Member 66 Member For: 19y 9m 15d Gender: Male Posted 11/03/07 08:22 AM Author Posted 11/03/07 08:22 AM hey I rechecked it all and tried new fuses still didnt fix it
shockF6 Legacy Donating Member 478 Member For: 20y 11m 28d Location: Melbourne Posted 11/03/07 12:37 PM Posted 11/03/07 12:37 PM (edited) did you really hook up perm power to the car kit plug try getting the power from the back of the "power source" socket. It will give you the current that your head unit requires. Edited 11/03/07 12:38 PM by shockF6
Mattttty Legacy Donating Member 66 Member For: 19y 9m 15d Gender: Male Posted 11/03/07 01:47 PM Author Posted 11/03/07 01:47 PM I have already tried the power source 2 get power 2 the unit still doesnt work can you kill the headunit or will the fuse always blow on it first
pl27ry Member 4 Member For: 19y 10m 16d Posted 12/03/07 03:17 AM Posted 12/03/07 03:17 AM Okay after spending about 30hours over the past week or so doing my system we discovered a few things.Just run power straight from the battery...and make sure its fused! If ou have an amp just split it off your amp power cable
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now