RegSpec Cruise Control 1,417 Member For: 19y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: Macksville NSW. Posted 04/03/07 12:12 PM Posted 04/03/07 12:12 PM Ok, so we kicked off with the worst possible outcome at Adelaide, tthe KKKellys got a ooone ttttwo.... I want to throw up just having to say it What makes me mad is that it was handed to 'em on a plate!!! Now usually Im the first one to give credit where is due, but I cant believe that young Courtney stuffed up the start, not once, but twice!! This is a guy who has won championships in many other categories, been driving V8s for over 12 mths now.....surely you'd think he'd get it right by now!! I know Stone Bros where a bit philosophical about it afterwards but inside, I'll bet their seething and there'll be words about this in private, no doubt! James is no doubt a talented driver, and he's got a great future, but to give the race away on the line,then set fastest lap in both races, and lose both races by less time that he wasted on the startline is just a monumental blunder...... I think tomorrow they should take him out to the nearest dragstrip,then.... Ross,Jimmy,and the whole crew should take turns kicking him up the backside, Then, he should be made to wear out no less than several clutches practising his bloody starts.
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 23d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 04/03/07 01:43 PM Posted 04/03/07 01:43 PM I was pretty happy with the Top 10 result, 6 FORDS first race and now the teams have the opportunity to sort out whatever issues they have.Good to see Rusty with some fire. and onya Courtney shazzy
RegSpec Cruise Control 1,417 Member For: 19y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: Macksville NSW. Posted 04/03/07 02:13 PM Posted 04/03/07 02:13 PM Issues that should have been "sorted" well before now is all Im saying.
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 23d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 04/03/07 02:22 PM Posted 04/03/07 02:22 PM Its the same every year, and its a different ball game in amongst 30 odd cars with cement walls looming at every angle (not a fan of v8's on piddly tracks like adelaide and sleaze coast )as opposed to a vacant test track. The ultimate for me would be to bring back the true production racing, including a category for the XR6 T's but I would still watch the v8's shazzy
RegSpec Cruise Control 1,417 Member For: 19y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: Macksville NSW. Posted 04/03/07 02:38 PM Posted 04/03/07 02:38 PM Here Here Girl, I wholeheartedly agree but I would still watch the v8's So would I, but I'd like to see them lighten up on the number of bloody ads
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 04/03/07 03:03 PM Posted 04/03/07 03:03 PM The Kelly's should be gutterstomped.
XR64T Are we there yet? Legacy Donating Member 703 Member For: 23y 5d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 04/03/07 03:10 PM Posted 04/03/07 03:10 PM Here Here Girl, I wholeheartedly agree but I would still watch the v8's So would I, but I'd like to see them lighten up on the number of bloody ads ←Actually, I really noticed the ads too.... seemed to be a bloody lot of them.Otherwise, the coverage was pretty good.
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 04/03/07 08:22 PM Posted 04/03/07 08:22 PM Most teams would of had only 1 or 2 test days as that is all they are aloud at this stage I believe they are limited to only a few test days per year not sure how many.As for the out come we had a bad day but there is promise there.team skaife issue is a descrace as craig gore said he should be able to prove he owns the team with in hours or at least a day not months.IanPS seven are not much better than ten 8 adds at once in the last few laps what a shame no one can cover the races and show the last laps with out adds.
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 04/03/07 09:46 PM Posted 04/03/07 09:46 PM I predict big things for Courtney this year, what a bloody legend. Will be even better once he gets his starts sorted
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/03/07 10:21 PM Posted 04/03/07 10:21 PM He didn’t go as far to say so, but hinted that the starting issue was not driver error. Will be interesting to see if it actually was something mechanical as he’s usually one to put his hand up and say “yep, I stuffed up”. He also struggled getting out of the pits as well.Very promising though - was brilliant watching him drift around turn eight on every lap....treating it like a go-cart
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now