Azid Rush Donating doesnt allow you to be an idiot! Member 692 Member For: 19y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 27/02/07 01:23 PM Posted 27/02/07 01:23 PM (edited) Well ive seen people with upgraded fuel pumps.. why is this? Does this give u a power gain at all?I was looking at this onehttp://cgi.ebay.com.au/Walbro-USA-Fuel-Pum...1QQcmdZViewItemwhich ive seen a few ppl haveany good?Sorry for the noob questionAaron Edited 27/02/07 01:25 PM by TurboAz08
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 27/02/07 08:26 PM Posted 27/02/07 08:26 PM I don't know if it's just me but that page is not responding that you have linked I'm actually interested in this too. Currently looking to purchase all the 'go fat' bits Hope someone can give us some information here
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 14d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 27/02/07 08:27 PM Posted 27/02/07 08:27 PM I don't believe a fuel pump on it's own will give you any more power on an otherwise stock XR6T, you will need bigger injectors and Edit for it to be of any gain.Be wary also of buying Walbro fuel pumps from eBay, there has been a lot of cheap fakes getting around, best to buy from a shop where (hopefully) you are buying a legitimate product with a warranty.
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 27/02/07 08:36 PM Posted 27/02/07 08:36 PM Can someone give me an idea on how much to expect to pay so I don't think I'm getting a bargin when getting ripped off?
Goobz Member 746 Member For: 21y 11m 19d Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney Posted 27/02/07 08:45 PM Posted 27/02/07 08:45 PM I and a few others have gotte them through "the drift shop" on ebay. Look him up. I paid $160.Chris
SAMSXR6T Member 685 Member For: 21y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: CENTRAL COAST Posted 27/02/07 08:52 PM Posted 27/02/07 08:52 PM I also got one from the drift shop. there is no power gains by just installing a fuel pump..
JimmyXR6T04 Member 1,299 Member For: 21y 3m 11d Location: Canberra Posted 27/02/07 11:12 PM Posted 27/02/07 11:12 PM I did my fuel pump for the extra safety margin, plus it helps get a bit more power out. I think I paid around $300-$400 from extreme ford tuning, but this was for a walbro pump already modified to fit the ford swirl pot no mucking around when it came to fitting in. Easy as removing the seats, undoing the pump, and putting the new one in.Just the other day I removed the pump and checked it out, as I'd heard some horror stories with the walbros pumps. Apart from a dirty pre tank filter, all was great. Although I couldn't buy a new filter ford said I have to buy the whole pump, I just sprayed some carby cleaner over it and through it, and it's all sweet
TornadoJudd Legacy Donating Member 818 Member For: 20y 7m 16d Posted 28/02/07 10:31 AM Posted 28/02/07 10:31 AM I have bought two Walbros in the past six months from VPW the first one was $170 and the second one was $155. You also get a warranty with them aswell.
dingah2 Crusty aviator Member 846 Member For: 22y 3m 12d Gender: Male Location: ACT Posted 01/03/07 05:58 AM Posted 01/03/07 05:58 AM $130-150 for a 342 anything more is a bit of a rip.Driftshop will take you as close to the bottom lline as anyone.Dingah
Gavin.K Member 288 Member For: 21y 3m 18d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 01/03/07 09:00 PM Posted 01/03/07 09:00 PM There is no power gain to be had with just a pump install it will stip you leaning out with larger injectors and stop you poping your motor.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now