Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted
Good work having a go at it yourself, one small thing using a ribbed pipe doesn't allow for the best efficient ssmooth air flow, it disturbs they way the air travels.

Yeah your right, and being thin plastic is very loud... some alloy pipe and silicon hose will replace it soon.

  • Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted
Ok RAP1D do in the pic below do I need to have those other hoses connected to the flxi hose as well??

Ok that didnt work too well.... Its the 4th pic from the left u put up

that's the bov return hose and engine breather return... you can get away with a small filter on the rocker cover and if your venting the bov to atmosphere you wont need it either

Not my chosen method but I ran it like this for a few weeks...

post-8749-1171666819_thumb.jpg

post-8749-1171666886_thumb.jpg

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 2m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

looks good rap1d but nothing beats nizpros set up . but big $$$$$$$$

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posted
Ok RAP1D do in the pic below do I need to have those other hoses connected to the flxi hose as well??

Ok that didnt work too well.... Its the 4th pic from the left u put up

that's the bov return hose and engine breather return... you can get away with a small filter on the rocker cover and if your venting the bov to atmosphere you wont need it either

Not my chosen method but I ran it like this for a few weeks...

Ok maybe some stoopid questions but can I just run the flexi hose without the bov return hose and engine breather return.... basically cause I dont get it...

I have seen this on other cars with just a pod hanging from the turbo without the other pipes... or do the T's need these... as I said just had a pod laying around and just want some extra noise.. and after the simplest way to do it

thxx Mike

  • Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted

Yeah you can, its what I did for awhile... see the last two pics in my last post, the bovs vents open, and the motors air vent have a simple filter on top

Dont bother putting a pod filter in the engin bay, like straight off the turbo as it sucks heaps of hot air and you'll loose kws

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...