Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 11m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted

Im pretty sure that the SS is qouted at 13.9 and 5.8 sec still faster than an xr6t though, but I would hate to be paying the fuel bill on the 6.0

  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 28d
  • Location: City
Posted

Exactly (the fuel bill) what if it was a real tight ass driving the commy and they only put 91RON in it. Severely hampers performance! They go down to 250kw and 500nm from the 270kw and 530nm quoted on 98PULP.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 9m 12d
  • Location: campbelltown,sydney
Posted

who cares what the differance is,its a holden.I would just take the f6 anyway.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 8m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
And a stock XR6T would be line ball.

Hmm. haven't seen too many XR6T stockers do 13.4 and 5.2, or is that wheels and motor can't drive them?

Im pretty sure that the SS is qouted at 13.9 and 5.8 sec still faster than an xr6t though, but I would hate to be paying the fuel bill on the 6.0

Except a few time Motor and even Wheels have pulled a 13.4 and 5.2-5.4.

The fuel economy of them is excellent. My LS1 got 8-9l/100 km touring and 12-17l/100 km in the city and that's with big cam and the L98 is better, but the weight gain have hurt. The R8 did very well recently averaging overall 12.xl/100 km, not bad for a 1840kg of lard.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 7d
  • Location: Seven Oaks
Posted

Never trust Expensive Daewoo to put representative cars in its test fleet(or trust them with anything else for that matter).Its a lesson learnt long ago.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted

Precisely!! I've never seen a stock Commode at WSID pull the same times as those quoted by the mags.

  • Im the one and only
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my house
Posted
:roflmbo: I have never seen one run under 14 sec stock at Willowbank.Even a 300kw GTS.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted

The last run I had at WSID was beside a 300kW Commode - I thought I would get hosed but managed a 13.62 and he did a 13.8 something - it was an auto though. Funny thing I still beat him over the first 60' even though he stalled it up a fair bit.

  • BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Southern Highlands NSW
Posted

If I recall correctly when the did the first Aussie PCOTY with motor mag.. This is when the T was first released it was doing 13.9's with the 5 speed.. It also won aussie PCOTY with the GT second.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 5m 1d
Posted

My misses had a run with a vz sv8 its had a cam and tune. And its just beat her. Mind you she didnt launch it and granny shifted. With a bit of work these things have some mid range power mines seamed to have alittle more top end grunt

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...