NA-06-XR Member 112 Member For: 19y 9m 28d Posted 12/01/07 02:02 AM Posted 12/01/07 02:02 AM that's fair enough but the feel of a fully worked NA engine is nothing like a turbo or supercharge...Fair enough. My next car I'm planning (some years down the track) is going to be a twin turbo 350Z.... you have to diversify to gain experience in engine work and handling. I thought this was a good choice to start out... Its not neck snapping and split second mistake life losing power....Its just a bit more get up and go from an engine being pushed to its realistic limits.still can't understand?
stev3n Member 41 Member For: 20y 4m 24d Posted 15/01/07 11:45 PM Posted 15/01/07 11:45 PM buy yourself an old 5.0litre EL V8 supercharge that, fit a towbar, attach a car float,drive your turbo 6 on the trailer, head to a drift, drag, circuit, where ever.this would be the best of both worlds
Doogstar Member 276 Member For: 19y 9m 11d Posted 16/01/07 11:34 AM Posted 16/01/07 11:34 AM (edited) You can add whatever class you want onto your acheivement list but in the end if you beat something in either a race or a dyno comp then the turbo is going to acheive the same or more with much less money spent. You can say I just beat your T by .2 of a second down the quarter but the T owner will likely tell you that he hasnt spent anything on his and you have forked out bucketloads of cash to pioneer an untried path. Good on you guys for having a go but where do you draw the line and say this is rediculous, its time for a T. Do F6 owners come in into your forums and hang sh*t on T owners for spending heaps of money on your T's when they could just buy a F6? Everything you said would apply the same.We mod our NA6's because that is what we have, if we had a T we would be modding that, if we had an F6 we would be modding that. I personally want to see how far the power of the NA can be taken, BECAUSE it's an untried path. It will much more an acheivement hitting 13's in a NA6 than in a turbo that you brought off the showroom floor. Who cares if it costs us some money to do it, that's not what you think about when you take off from the lights on the street or the track. Where do you draw the line? You just keep moving the line that's all. I will keep going until I can do no more NA , then I will throw a supercharger on it. What sort of beast would that be? I'll tell you, UNIQUE.Sorry for the rant but it gets a bit tiresome being told to buy a turbo all the time, if you have something constructive to add to our development, great, if not, leave us be. We are happy doing what we do.BTW. I have spent way less money on my car than it would have cost me to buy the same model in Turbo. Edited 16/01/07 11:37 AM by Doogstar
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 16/01/07 08:46 PM Posted 16/01/07 08:46 PM Surely adding a supercharger to an NA motor is making the car invalid for the NA discussion just as if you added a turbo to an NA.If you modified your XR6NA by removing the motor, and inserting a Boss V8, you may need to discuss this in the V8 threads.I have enjoyed moddifying cars for the last 20 years, all of them have been NA up until this one. However... I dont think I would have gone on to a BDA Escort forum and harped on about my 2 litre cortina motor being more unique than their BDAs.
Doogstar Member 276 Member For: 19y 9m 11d Posted 16/01/07 11:42 PM Posted 16/01/07 11:42 PM ...I will keep going until I can do no more NA , then I will throw a supercharger on it. Very true, I agree with all you said. If you read what I said above, I say the same. Supercharging is forced induction, never said it wasn't, however it is an option for NA owners therefore we can discuss it in this part of the forum. Turbo 6's are everywhere, but supercharged 6's are very rare.
falconutebeast Member 196 Member For: 20y 4m 20d Location: Sydney, Bankstown Posted 17/01/07 02:09 AM Posted 17/01/07 02:09 AM supercharged 6 would'nt be worth it in my view, they only make max boost at max rpm. I read in motor a few years ago that it doesnt pull untill 4k pluss. also the kit is listed as $5k, but to get it running is closer to $10k. which was a shock.I agree with Doogstar about how far can a n/a go. Its unexplored. Try something new for once I say.
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 9m 1d Location: North Brisbane Posted 17/01/07 03:31 AM Posted 17/01/07 03:31 AM I just dont know where you are commin from if you arfter a fast car we all should be driving wrx's or gtr's thay go faster than a xr6t. ←I don't think so Tim. Personally to me, power is unique. Someone else may have an F6 that looks like mine (God knows there are thousands of bloody Rapids out there...... ) but not many - if any, will go like it and Simon and Brian are a long way away!After doing the modifying thing to a NA car years ago and throwing good money after bad, I have learnt one thing................hang on, no I haven't. I'm still doing it, just starting off a higher base! Buy a T. The amount of money you will spend to make it as fast as a standard T you could buy one AND edit it which would make it quicker and be more driveable. A T will always be a T granted, but a NA xr6 will also be still just that. At the end of the day, these things are glorified Taxi's so don't get too carried away with being "unique".
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 17d Gender: Male Posted 17/01/07 03:43 AM Posted 17/01/07 03:43 AM Selling 4000 falcons a month doesnt make them common!
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 1m Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 17/01/07 03:51 AM Posted 17/01/07 03:51 AM why not rip your motors down and play with stroke/cams/porting?superchargers arent worth the cash unless u spend BIG dollars on a great one.tuffen them engines up and slap a 200hp shot on the big girl!
NA-06-XR Member 112 Member For: 19y 9m 28d Posted 17/01/07 04:14 AM Posted 17/01/07 04:14 AM Thanks Trough Lolly.. After the work I've completed I'll be looking at things like that along with getting a custom double throttle body plenum constructed... problem though will be finding someone to do it...Being in the Western New South Wales I don't have many contacts, I need to find the right people to do the work and then go with my car for 4+ weeks.... Keep the ideas rolling... Actually come to think of it... there hasn't been much talk about the supercharging in this Forum.. just alot of slap down coming from the turbo fraternity...- Dan
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now