TIMXR6T Member 116 Member For: 21y 28d Location: Shire Posted 08/12/06 04:18 AM Posted 08/12/06 04:18 AM I am not sure if this has been asked before so I am going to ask.Which is better electrical or mechanical gauges?
benjam Member 138 Member For: 21y 5m 26d Location: Sydney NSW Posted 08/12/06 04:29 AM Posted 08/12/06 04:29 AM I am not sure if this has been asked before so I am going to ask.Which is better electrical or mechanical gauges?←I put a mechanical boost guage in mine (Autometer Cobalt series). Mechanical guages are cheaper in general than their electonic equilivant.Mechanical guages also bring what you are measuring INSIDE the cabin. Alternatively, electronic guages come with a sender that you need to attach at the point of measurement and converts whatever it's measuring to an electrical signal, great for oil/fuel/temp guages as you really don't want that nasty hot/flammable stuff inside the cabin. But a little boost pressure is fine I think. Go the mechanical for boost I reckon. Ben
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 22d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 11/12/06 02:18 AM Author Posted 11/12/06 02:18 AM The grommet is easier to find from inside the car, get down with your head under the glove box, peel back the carpet you will see a grommet. Just push it completely out then pick it up from under the car. Drill a hole then pop it back in. It is also easier to feed the pressure line from the cabin.←if theres a grommet there why would I need to drill?
driftpig01 Member 67 Member For: 20y 10m 10d Location: "NORTHERN GOLD GOAST" Posted 11/12/06 02:27 AM Posted 11/12/06 02:27 AM The grommet is solid with no hole in it.
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 11/12/06 11:33 AM Posted 11/12/06 11:33 AM So its not a grommet, its a plug... you could pull it out and use the correct sized grommet then ( auto's that is )
XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 8m 21d Location: Sydney Posted 11/12/06 10:22 PM Posted 11/12/06 10:22 PM I drilled a hole into the the plug on the passenger side. you can also go from the drivers side (I have an auto). I ended up going both ways because I have 2 gauges and I didnt want the nylon to kink. just use an electric drill and drill into the grommet from inside the car. no use taking it out. its heaps soft and is easy to drill into
driftpig01 Member 67 Member For: 20y 10m 10d Location: "NORTHERN GOLD GOAST" Posted 11/12/06 10:31 PM Posted 11/12/06 10:31 PM So its not a grommet, its a plug... you could pull it out and use the correct sized grommet then ( auto's that is )←Yes the black bit of rubber....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now