Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 24d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 07/12/06 04:43 AM Posted 07/12/06 04:43 AM I know u auto fairies use the clutch hole, but where are the manual guys running the vac line for the boost gauges and such??plz dont tell me I gotta drill
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 07/12/06 05:08 AM Posted 07/12/06 05:08 AM On the left hand side of the console in the fire wall is the gromet that the auto change cable goes though as that is not being used on your car use that to put the pipe thouh.It is partly covered by the carpet.Ian
crans Member 275 Member For: 20y 5m 1d Posted 07/12/06 05:35 AM Posted 07/12/06 05:35 AM I put mine through the gromet in the passenger foot weill its up quite high so theres no way you can kick it.It also it then very easy to get it close to the BOV to tap it in.
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 24d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 07/12/06 07:32 AM Author Posted 07/12/06 07:32 AM On the left hand side of the console in the fire wall is the gromet that the auto change cable goes though as that is not being used on your car use that to put the pipe thouh.It is partly covered by the carpet.Ian←if I was standing at front of the car with the bonnet open, could u give me directions?
ROLMDL role model Member 1,111 Member For: 20y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne,S.E Posted 07/12/06 07:38 AM Posted 07/12/06 07:38 AM On the left hand side of the console in the fire wall is the gromet that the auto change cable goes though as that is not being used on your car use that to put the pipe thouh.It is partly covered by the carpet.Ian←if I was standing at front of the car with the bonnet open, could u give me directions? ←I havet fitted one but im pretty sure they mean around here
Decoy Member 163 Member For: 20y 7m 19d Gender: Male Location: Brissy Posted 07/12/06 08:02 AM Posted 07/12/06 08:02 AM (edited) Nope, other side of the engine bay than that picture. that's where I fitted mine, just look in your passenger footwell and you should see it, it isn't hard to find and comes out really handy to the BOV location on stock pipework.EDIT: Looking for it in your engine bay, go to the back of the plenum, look down in the gap to the firewall and you should see it. Edited 07/12/06 08:08 AM by Decoy
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 07/12/06 08:18 AM Posted 07/12/06 08:18 AM I poked mine through the clutch cable gromet, then gooped a bit of silicon in there... there's plenty of room as I also have a amps big power cable and AFR gauge wires going through it
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 24d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 08/12/06 03:14 AM Author Posted 08/12/06 03:14 AM Nope, other side of the engine bay than that picture. that's where I fitted mine, just look in your passenger footwell and you should see it, it isn't hard to find and comes out really handy to the BOV location on stock pipework.EDIT: Looking for it in your engine bay, go to the back of the plenum, look down in the gap to the firewall and you should see it.←thanks mate, I shall have a geezer
driftpig01 Member 67 Member For: 20y 10m 12d Location: "NORTHERN GOLD GOAST" Posted 08/12/06 03:41 AM Posted 08/12/06 03:41 AM The grommet is easier to find from inside the car, get down with your head under the glove box, peel back the carpet you will see a grommet. Just push it completely out then pick it up from under the car. Drill a hole then pop it back in. It is also easier to feed the pressure line from the cabin.
DAWSEY Member 441 Member For: 20y 9m 23d Gender: Male Posted 08/12/06 03:42 AM Posted 08/12/06 03:42 AM I poked mine through the clutch cable gromet, then gooped a bit of silicon in there... there's plenty of room as I also have a amps big power cable and AFR gauge wires going through it←same setup as mine...I have 4 cables running into the engine bay so did them all at the same time
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now