Skooby Legacy Donating Member 398 Member For: 20y 4m 14d Location: Phillip Island Posted 08/11/06 08:51 PM Posted 08/11/06 08:51 PM (edited) Been reading up as much as possible on this site. I've learnt a lot about the T that I would've never known, had I of not joined. The knowledge and wisdom of many of you is outstanding and you must be all applauded on sharing your knowledge. (ok, brown nosing completed, down to the questions) What is a plenum and what does it do? Is a larger cat beneficial to a stock T or only reserved for the cars with bigger ponies?What is a screamer pipe?What is a dump pipe? And what does it do?Is there a difference between prestige and premium sound? At what rwkw would I have to strengthen the auto in the 4sp box if I had a edit done?That's all I can think of for now. Sorry for all the n00b questions but I've never taken as much interest in a car as I have done with the T.Thanks for your time Edited 08/11/06 08:51 PM by Skooby
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 08/11/06 09:42 PM Posted 08/11/06 09:42 PM (edited) What is a plenum and what does it do? IT IS ALSO CALLED THE INLET MANIFOLD AND PUTS AIR INTO THE HEADSIs a larger cat beneficial to a stock T or only reserved for the cars with bigger ponies? IT WOULD HELP AS IT IS A RESTRICTION, EVEN IN STOCK CARS. YOU MAY NEED TO EDIT IF YOU CHANGE THE CAT AS IT COULD INTRODUCE OVERBOOSTWhat is a screamer pipe? THIS IS IN ANOTHER THREAD, BUT IT IS LIKE A LITTLE EXHAUST PIPE FOR THE WASTEGATE THAT DOES NOT GO BACK INTO THE MAIN EXHAUST SYSTEM. IT IS CALLED A SCREEMER BECAUSE IT MAKE A LOT OF NOISE.What is a dump pipe? And what does it do? THIS IS THE PIPE THAT ATTACHES BETWEEN THE TURBO AND THE CAT/EXHAUST SYSTEM. TURBO CARS LIKE BIG DUMP PIPES SO THEY DO NOT GIVE ANY RESTRICTION ALLOWING THE TURBO TO SPOOL UP QUICKER.Is there a difference between prestige and premium sound? YEAH ONE HAS SINGLE CD WITH LCD SCREEN, ANOTHER HAS 6 STACKER AND LCD SCREEN AND THE 3RD HAS THE COLOUR SCREEN. I CAN NEVER REMEMBER WHICH IS WHICH.At what rwkw would I have to strengthen the auto in the 4sp box if I had a edit done? ANYTHING OVER STOCK SHOULD HAVE LINE PRESSURE INCREASED. ANYTHING OVER 270RWKW SHOULD HAVE THE BOX REBUILT WITH STRONGER BANDS.HOPE THIS HELPS Edited 08/11/06 09:43 PM by ZAP_F6
XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 8m 23d Location: Sydney Posted 09/11/06 03:34 AM Posted 09/11/06 03:34 AM is increasing line pressure done using an edit?
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 9d Gender: Male Posted 09/11/06 05:16 AM Posted 09/11/06 05:16 AM is increasing line pressure done using an edit?←yes
XRSICKT Member 1,032 Member For: 23y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 09/11/06 05:29 AM Posted 09/11/06 05:29 AM Is there a difference between prestige and premium sound? YEAH ONE HAS SINGLE CD WITH LCD SCREEN, ANOTHER HAS 6 STACKER AND LCD SCREEN AND THE 3RD HAS THE COLOUR SCREEN. I CAN NEVER REMEMBER WHICH IS WHICH.The premium is the one with the colour screen, 6 stack, tweets, amp and sub (its the best one)if that helps
Skooby Legacy Donating Member 398 Member For: 20y 4m 14d Location: Phillip Island Posted 09/11/06 06:02 AM Author Posted 09/11/06 06:02 AM Thanks guys - really helpful. Now I'll know what you are all on about
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now