Paranormal Member 469 Member For: 23y 1m 7d Location: Brissy Posted 01/11/06 01:44 PM Posted 01/11/06 01:44 PM Hi all just bought a new set of EBC Green stuff pads for the front of my BA with premium factory brakes, the brake shop actually ordered in two sets of pads as they have seen several variants anyways if anyones interested in the part number for front PBR premium EBC Green Stuff pads it's - DP21162 to suit Chev Corvette 5.7 1999>Ok now when I removed the old pads they still had bout 3mm or so left but I was hearing a metal scraping sound thinking I was metal to metal but my rotors have just about worn out the cooling groves and the top lip is about 3-4mm protruding which was rubbing just above the pad surface on the back of one of the pads. This is on a 2003 BA with 80,000k running ford pads until now. Anyways I'm after brand / part number and approx pricing for straight bolt off bolt on alternative. Cheers guys.
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 01/11/06 10:49 PM Posted 01/11/06 10:49 PM 80k out of a set of premium rotors, I think we have a new record here Speak to bcr01, he can supply a DBA or PBR alternative.
crazed1 Member 105 Member For: 20y 10m 5d Location: Sydney Posted 28/11/06 04:26 AM Posted 28/11/06 04:26 AM (edited) if 80,000 is a record try this for size,Im on 104,000km getting new pads and discs tomorrow.its a manual I guess that's why.mine arent premiums, they are standards if that makes a difference! Edited 28/11/06 04:27 AM by crazed1
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 28/11/06 04:53 AM Posted 28/11/06 04:53 AM if 80,000 is a record try this for size,Im on 104,000km getting new pads and discs tomorrow.Starting to stretch it now Do you just cruise up and down on the highway??
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 28/11/06 11:26 PM Posted 28/11/06 11:26 PM if 80,000 is a record try this for size,Im on 104,000km getting new pads and discs tomorrow.its a manual I guess that's why.mine arent premiums, they are standards if that makes a difference!←There is a difference, most people only get 30,000kms out of a set of premium rotors.I got 68,000, I know of someone that got 70,000 and now we have a winner at 80,000...
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 30/11/06 06:27 AM Posted 30/11/06 06:27 AM I'm going to fit the ebc greens very soon, the standard pads squeal and annoy the out of me!
ColinT Legacy Donating Member 372 Member For: 21y 8m Posted 08/12/06 08:29 PM Posted 08/12/06 08:29 PM I'm going to fit the ebc greens very soon, the standard pads squeal and annoy the out of me!←Starting to get a bit of squeal from my PBR's recently when light braking. I know guys the answer is to drive the brakes harder. But my question is, I have heard that if you rough the pad up that will fix the problem. Is this true? I would imagine it to be a temporary solution.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now