Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 02/11/06 09:04 AM Posted 02/11/06 09:04 AM An inductor is a component used to block AC and allow DC... opposite to a capacitor which passes AC but blocks DC. You could use a capacitor in parallel with the circuit or an inductor in series with the circuit to achieve what you want. This will filter line noise.
shockF6 Legacy Donating Member 478 Member For: 21y 3d Location: Melbourne Posted 02/11/06 09:19 AM Posted 02/11/06 09:19 AM An inductor is a component used to block AC and allow DC... opposite to a capacitor which passes AC but blocks DC. You could use a capacitor in parallel with the circuit or an inductor in series with the circuit to achieve what you want. This will filter line noise.←he has already tried to filter the power. it did almost nothing to the signal, its not the power causing the problem, its earth loop.
Panda Member 225 Member For: 22y 5m 25d Gender: Male Location: Gladstone, QLD Posted 02/11/06 10:32 PM Posted 02/11/06 10:32 PM Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't earth loop caused when two different earthing points are too far apart or have a bad earth?Can you earth the inverter to a point behind the ICC (same place as where the ICC earths)Also, what size wire do you have on the +ve and -ve sides of the inverter?Panda
shockF6 Legacy Donating Member 478 Member For: 21y 3d Location: Melbourne Posted 03/11/06 07:01 AM Posted 03/11/06 07:01 AM Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't earth loop caused when two different earthing points are too far apart or have a bad earth?Can you earth the inverter to a point behind the ICC (same place as where the ICC earths)←yes that is correct, or another way to explain it is;earth loops are caused by a difference in resistance to ground when there is more than 1 grounding point in a circuit.its unlikely that the icc has a grounding problem as there is no sign of audio whine through the icc. I have asked Tim to put a 100ohm resistor in series with the ground pin on the vga plug to move it out of the noise range of the circuit. I've used that method successfully many times on audio circuits but haven't tried it on video until now
Panda Member 225 Member For: 22y 5m 25d Gender: Male Location: Gladstone, QLD Posted 03/11/06 09:40 PM Posted 03/11/06 09:40 PM Keep us updatedPanda
Panda Member 225 Member For: 22y 5m 25d Gender: Male Location: Gladstone, QLD Posted 08/11/06 02:07 AM Posted 08/11/06 02:07 AM any luck??
veczar Gold Platinum Member Member 1,081 Member For: 22y 3m 11d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 08/11/06 05:13 AM Author Posted 08/11/06 05:13 AM Tried some different ohm'ige resistors, some inductors and also two lage caps. Nothing seemed to change the resulting lines/flickering. I have put the T back 2gether and during real world testing I the flickering isnt that bad. I also mounted a switch that turns the inverter on and off from the dash (one of 9 switches ) so if I really dont want the flickering I can turn it off.The main thing that helped make it better was running the earth back to the battery. Thanks for you help everyone, especially Panda and extra specially ShockF6! I am going to do a project (CarPC and custom sub install) write up ine the next few weeks. Stay tuned. If anyone has any brainstorms of how to fix the flickering/lines still send me a PM Thanks.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now