saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 17d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 04/11/06 07:46 AM Posted 04/11/06 07:46 AM Here's a pic of Livewire I took today.
GEoMaNTiK Member 179 Member For: 20y 11m 4d Location: Melb (Mexican) Posted 19/11/06 02:20 PM Posted 19/11/06 02:20 PM (edited) I wonder if this funky new device will allow us BF owners to hide an edit from the Ford Service Police.I'm a year & 33,000K's into my T ownership with a stocky that I'd love to edit, money is ok for a flasher & custom tune, that's about it for now, though everytime I get excited and decide to do it... that voice of reason comes in and to be honest I don't want my warranty canceled by Ford.So with this new Xcalibrator2 and the option to clear error codes, I'm interested if anyone might know if this tool can help in this area.BA's don't seem to be an issue, as long as you flash back to standard prior to warranty/service, however the BF has always had a question mark with detectability from the Ford Boys. Edited 19/11/06 02:21 PM by GEoMaNTiK
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 20/11/06 07:43 AM Posted 20/11/06 07:43 AM (edited) I doubt xcal2 will be able to tackle much more than generic OBD-II codes. From what people say the 'edit warning code' as it were isn't like the others. As I understand it, your ECU logs the fact that a non-Ford flash has been performed in some out-of-the-way part of the ECU that can only be accessed by the warranty police and their special tools.Run fer the hills! Edited 20/11/06 07:46 AM by Spruce
GEoMaNTiK Member 179 Member For: 20y 11m 4d Location: Melb (Mexican) Posted 20/11/06 12:10 PM Posted 20/11/06 12:10 PM I doubt xcal2 will be able to tackle much more than generic OBD-II codes. From what people say the 'edit warning code' as it were isn't like the others. As I understand it, your ECU logs the fact that a non-Ford flash has been performed in some out-of-the-way part of the ECU that can only be accessed by the warranty police and their special tools.BUGGER!!!I need to make friends with a Ford service tech and work through this, I ain't happy... and I don't really want to wait till around 100,000K's and then edit, I'll be asking for trouble.
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m Posted 20/11/06 12:26 PM Posted 20/11/06 12:26 PM So why wait?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now