Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 29/10/06 02:40 AM Posted 29/10/06 02:40 AM Can any one advise me as to whether a stock BF XR6T 6 Speed Auto should be able to drop rubber from a standing start with or without Traction Conrol.Not on a dry road with good tyres - with T/C virtually never.Had a BA XR8 Auto that wouldn't do it nor will the Turbo I have now. Is there some thing in the ECU that restricts the initial power or is it that it puts the power down so well.Yes, the ECU does have torque restriction built in that can only be removed by EDIT. And yes again, these cars have a very good rear end for getting the power to the ground. I had a 340 Valiant Auto years ago that would howl like a Banchee off the mark.Put some crossplies or bias belted radials on your T and it probably will too - with TC off. I notice on initial take off that there is a slight lag before the Turbo comes on boost, but you would think with the power available there would still be enough to skip rubber. The lag is two things - firstly the auto is starting in second gear and hence will take a while for the torque convertor to let the power through OR, if you belt it quickly, it will kick back to first and there is the slightest of delays as it does this. The second is simply spool-up time for the turbo, again not very much, but when in conbination with point one it does add up to what seems like a bit of "delay" getting power on takeoff. I'm no Hoon but I think some of the older V8's & 6's seem to have more get up & go off the mark. Some one mentioned on the side that it may be the Actuator but this shouldn't be with a new car, so hence the question from others as to whether theirs does. The funny part is that if your doing about 15k's & you plant it the car will drop back to 1st & skip rubber, so it's got me frigged. The reason I ask is that you see burnout marks every where, but it's obvious their not from standard XR6T or Xr8's. Some will say, but it's got a LSD, but when I look back, I remember the FORD GTHO's off the mark, you couldnt see them from smoke ! ←Those burnout marks are from fully sik ricers moite - if you wann be like them buy a FWD. PS. GTHOs actually had a bit of difficulty lighting up the tyres from a standing start because of their very tall first gear - you had to use about 3500rpm to do it.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 29/10/06 03:49 AM Posted 29/10/06 03:49 AM Can any one advise me as to whether a stock BF XR6T 6 Speed Auto should be able to drop rubber from a standing start with or without Traction Control. ←Just for you obi .. very soon I will be in charge of a Stock Ute bf speed auto, and I will test out your suggestion and get back to you.. will be an interesting experience compared to my manual T5shazzy←"in charge"???Oh yeah, in charge of the passenger seat. Not sure how you'll reach the accelerator from there though
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 29/10/06 03:57 AM Posted 29/10/06 03:57 AM (edited) "in charge"???Oh yeah, in charge of the passenger seat. Not sure how you'll reach the accelerator from there though ←LOL...she can barely reach the accelerator pedal from the drivers seat...let alone the passenger one ...Oh oh Lumpy Edited 29/10/06 03:59 AM by Lumpen Proletariat
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 29/10/06 03:59 AM Posted 29/10/06 03:59 AM
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 27d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 29/10/06 04:07 AM Posted 29/10/06 04:07 AM "in charge"???Oh yeah, in charge of the passenger seat. Not sure how you'll reach the accelerator from there though ←LOL...she can barely reach the accelerator pedal from the drivers seat...let alone the passenger one ...Oh oh Lumpy ←←I will have my pillow to sit on MY Diamonds don't come as big as bricks... yada yada yadashazzy
obi Member 150 Member For: 20y 5m 22d Location: Qld Posted 29/10/06 05:31 AM Author Posted 29/10/06 05:31 AM Can any one advise me as to whether a stock BF XR6T 6 Speed Auto should be able to drop rubber from a standing start with or without Traction Control. ←Just for you obi .. very soon I will be in charge of a Stock Ute bf speed auto, and I will test out your suggestion and get back to you.. will be an interesting experience compared to my manual T5shazzy←The Ute may perform different to the Sedan, as I believe it has a straight axle.
turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 6m 9d Gender: Male Posted 29/10/06 06:54 AM Posted 29/10/06 06:54 AM I've read this on some other forum. Basically comparing the performance of a two valve head and four valve head which were available on a similar model car.Those guys reckoned that the four valve head has less power down very low in comparison to the 2 valve in the same rev region. We are talking about idle RPM to say around 2500 rpm or even less.
tur Flight 6 Member 471 Member For: 23y 2m 5d Posted 29/10/06 07:04 AM Posted 29/10/06 07:04 AM F6 courtsey car I had for 24 hours test drive with 2000km on the clock broke out form take off then the traction kicks in and stop it, even the miss's made it break out. Stock AUto F6
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 27d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 30/10/06 02:19 PM Posted 30/10/06 02:19 PM Can any one advise me as to whether a stock BF XR6T 6 Speed Auto should be able to drop rubber from a standing start with or without Traction Control. ←Just for you obi .. very soon I will be in charge of a Stock Ute bf speed auto, and I will test out your suggestion and get back to you.. will be an interesting experience compared to my manual T5shazzy←The Ute may perform different to the Sedan, as I believe it has a straight axle.←and in this case.. Black Betty has Auto pilotas opposed to Driver in charge - Manual operation .. shazzy
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now