saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 23/10/06 09:35 AM Posted 23/10/06 09:35 AM So should BA Typhoon owners be entitled to a 6 Speed Auto retro-fit too?
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 23/10/06 09:47 AM Posted 23/10/06 09:47 AM So should BA Typhoon owners be entitled to a 6 Speed Auto retro-fit too?←Why not?
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 23/10/06 10:00 AM Posted 23/10/06 10:00 AM So should BA Typhoon owners be entitled to a 6 Speed Auto retro-fit too?←Rob,You are just being silly..... The BA did not come with a ZF and had the ION put in, so it not a good example.My point is that the BF Turbo donor car has it, yet due to cost in recalibrating for the Brembo's and bigger wheels they have diabled the system.All the hardware id there, so it is just a software upload.P.S get me some FOOSE stuf from sema you beiatch
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 23/10/06 10:03 AM Posted 23/10/06 10:03 AM P.S get me some FOOSE stuf from sema you beiatch←I'll be trying, rest assured Mal.btw Tab, your Avatar is the gay.
JBomb3000 Legacy Donating Member 875 Member For: 20y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 23/10/06 11:23 AM Posted 23/10/06 11:23 AM Chris,It can be turned off for times of fun, but I think it was neglegent of FPV to disable a SAFETY feature in the donor car that would eventually be my F6, just for the sake of a few dollars.IF FPV offer this feature on the BF2's it would be their duty to retro fit it to our cars. I would even consider a class action with other BF1 owners to make them. I also have a Toyota Kluger that has Driver Assist Technology and the difference this makes when driving in dangerous conditions is amazing. I had the Kluger on wet grass towing a 1ton grane feeder and was showing my farming mate how well it drove and did not deviate from the direction I wanted it to go. Unfortunatly you cannot disable the DAT like you can in the Falcons, but my wife knows how it works now as I have made her drive on wet grass and feel how it handles the car in a skid. Tell your mate to pull the ABS fuse if he wants to disable the system.I think stability control should be fitted to all cars standard as it would be more of a lifesaver than airbags.It is better to avoid an accident than to have one.← You were fully aware it didn't have it when you bought the car, I fail to see how it would be FPV's "duty" to retro fit it to Mk1 cars. If it comes out on Mk2 which I doubt it will as there is still the same problem of the cost of the calibration and ford do offer it to Mk1 owners then great, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I agree with what your saying about the merits of the system and the saftey aspect but a class action? 5 years ago I would have said only in America but unfortunatly Australia seems to heading down the same path.
Evil F6 Legacy Donating Member 830 Member For: 20y 8m 28d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 24/10/06 10:21 AM Posted 24/10/06 10:21 AM Man you should drive a 300rwkW V8 in the wet, with absolutely no ESP, traction control EBD etc whatsoever. This teaches you car control and respect for the throttle. Never ever had an issue. ESP is nice, but with traction control I'm more than happy with the F6.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 24/10/06 10:56 AM Posted 24/10/06 10:56 AM Well from the reports I have seen the FPV BF2's will not have ASC.
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 24/10/06 11:08 AM Posted 24/10/06 11:08 AM (edited) Man you should drive a 300rwkW V8 in the wet, with absolutely no ESP, traction control EBD etc whatsoever. This teaches you car control and respect for the throttle. Never ever had an issue. ESP is nice, but with traction control I'm more than happy with the F6.←It's more about doing things automatically that you couldn't even physically do manually, such as braking individual wheels to regain a stright line.Roo jumps out at you in the dark, on a wet highway at 110kmh. With DSC you might stand half a chance... Edited 24/10/06 11:10 AM by SavageD
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now