Dr Concrete Member 69 Member For: 21y 3m Location: Adelaide Posted 18/10/06 02:37 AM Posted 18/10/06 02:37 AM Hey Peoples,I haven't started my T ute in over 2 months now and I would like tocrank it over with just the starter motor to get some fresh oil intothe system. The question is which fulse do I pull out to stop the ignitionfrom working? I would also prefer to do it from within the cabin as well.Help will be much appreciated.Jordan
Eugene Member 670 Member For: 22y 18d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 18/10/06 02:43 AM Posted 18/10/06 02:43 AM Hey Peoples,I haven't started my T ute in over 2 months now and I would like tocrank it over with just the starter motor to get some fresh oil intothe system. The question is which fulse do I pull out to stop the ignitionfrom working? I would also prefer to do it from within the cabin as well.Help will be much appreciated.Jordan←Dont pull any fuses, just crank her over with your foot flat to the floor on the throttle,dont worry, it will not starts, crank for about 6-8 seconds and let it seit for about 10 secs, tthen crank again with foot flat again.release throttle and crank, she will be fine.the oil pressure light wont go out while cranking, I have tried so dont bother looking.enjoy the first drive after such along break.
Dr Concrete Member 69 Member For: 21y 3m Location: Adelaide Posted 18/10/06 02:49 AM Author Posted 18/10/06 02:49 AM hmmmits a pretty scarey thought to try and do that, butI quess you know what your talking about. So it wont everstart if I have my foot flat to the floor on starting?
937 Member 266 Member For: 20y 3m 1d Posted 18/10/06 03:00 AM Posted 18/10/06 03:00 AM hmmmits a pretty scarey thought to try and do that, butI quess you know what your talking about. So it wont everstart if I have my foot flat to the floor on starting?←I just tried my Car.It will not start. !!!!!!
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 18/10/06 03:02 AM Posted 18/10/06 03:02 AM That gentlemen is known as flood clear mode...
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 18/10/06 03:03 AM Posted 18/10/06 03:03 AM Please explain.Scotty 1
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 18/10/06 03:05 AM Posted 18/10/06 03:05 AM If you hold you foot flat on cranking the PCM wont inject any petrol. Its desgined to clear a flood motor...
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 18/10/06 03:08 AM Posted 18/10/06 03:08 AM Cheers for that.Scotty
Dr Concrete Member 69 Member For: 21y 3m Location: Adelaide Posted 18/10/06 03:13 AM Author Posted 18/10/06 03:13 AM So as long as your foot is on the throttle flat to the floor it will never start?
Dr Concrete Member 69 Member For: 21y 3m Location: Adelaide Posted 18/10/06 03:15 AM Author Posted 18/10/06 03:15 AM no matter how many times you do it?sounds like a party trick!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now