cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 07/06/06 04:38 AM Posted 07/06/06 04:38 AM Hey!Whadayamean, crappy Mitsubishi galant.... ←Hehe - ok, maybe it wasnt that crappy - but it certainly wasnt as quick around the farm - or fly as high on the jumps as the mini!I was driving the crappyish galant down a steep hill (on the road) once, and two cars spun out in front of us - crashing into each other - and the crappyish galant had a funny way of not being able to lock brakes (due to the enormous travel in the shocks) - I hit them hard, only to see the cars behind me spinning and about to squish me between 4 cars - well.... a gap opened, so I floored it, and handled the vast power surge - made it out unscathed - while 4 cars collected in a wee heap. Even better - the car that was next to me went up a bank like a wall of death act - and ended up making it past as well - that would have been an accident to see from the outside.So... crappy(ish) Galant worked well. My brother swapped it for a Mazda RX7 front bumper!
Eugene Member 670 Member For: 22y 16d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 07/06/06 05:23 AM Posted 07/06/06 05:23 AM mmm, lets see,1969 toyota Crown sedan, 2.3lt six auto, rode nice, but SLOOOOOWWWW1979 Toyota Celica Coupe, neat but still a Celica1363 Studebaker Lark sedan, 289 studebaker (not ford) 8* manual1965 Studebaker Cruiser 283 Chev V8 (factory)1963 Studebaker Daytona Coupe (ex Cop car) 300ci Stude V8, Chrome Yellow, man that car was the best, top loader 8" rear end, low as, big fat chromies.1968 Rambler (AMC) SST Javelin coupe, 343 V8, (spent over $20000 on this one)1939 DeSoto Slopper sedan. 1962 Cadillac Park Avenue sedan (one of three in Aus) still own it.1978 Chrysler (CL?) sedan (work car)1980 sedan.1990 Laser Ghia. NEW1991 Subaru Enduro "Sports wagon". NEW1992 mazda 9291993 mazda Bravo duel cab. DEMO1994 ED XR8 sprint, NEW1996 Nissan patrol LWB1998 80 series "40th ann cruiser"1999 Honda Civic hatch. DEMOAU Futura sedan, work1997 80 Series to replace the written off 40th ann (still own)200 BA XR6 turbo Ute. (still own) NEWBikes1976 900SS ducati1979 honda CB900FZ750N (1985?)1991 kwaka ZZR1100.+ more jetskis and dirt bike than I care to think about.No wonder I have no Money, I have only been driving on the road since 1986.22 cars in 19 years, 3 of I still own
turbotom Team Bute Legacy Donating Member 1,550 Member For: 23y 2m 16d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 07/06/06 05:58 AM Posted 07/06/06 05:58 AM re crappyish galant.......................... my brother swapped it for a Mazda RX7 front bumper!←fair trade, then?
replicant Member 180 Member For: 20y 10m 23d Posted 07/06/06 06:11 AM Posted 07/06/06 06:11 AM My first car was a 1972 Red Expensive Daewoo Torana 2850S which I acquired when I was 15 off a widow (in those days you could go get a full licence in NZ the day after your 15th birthday). My mates nicknamed it 'The Beast' mainly because we were in the fourth form at school and because with bias ply tires (the ones BEFORE crossplies) you could have it absolutely sideways in the wet... It got me thru the rest of high school and uni (but I did get some radials along the way)...My next car was a one owner XF Falcon S Pak with a T Bar auto (instead of the column shift) and the 4.1 EFI 121kw engine - it had an extended range fuel tank and I wish it had come with a LSD but it didn't... It stayed in the garage for about 8 months until I sold it for a profit.The next car was a 1991 KF Ford Laser TX3i which I got new. I had lots of fun in that car... unlike the wheezy six pots, it had a beautiful 106kw 16 valve DOHC motor which used to be happiest between 4000 and 6500 rpm which I loved it be in... 4000 rpm in 5th was roughly 140 klicks. After it reached 90,000kms I sold it to a nice retired couple who still have it today and apparently it hasn't missed a beat despite the CAI, the K&N filter, yoko directionals (although they replaced them with some Nanyangs and the headers...I then got one of the last Mark 6 Escorts XR3s from the factory in Germany which had trouble getting out of its one way with only 85kw from the Zetec E motor. But it had a beautiful chassis and once it got up to speed it was a fun thing to throw around a twisty road especially on some trick Yoko directionals... It lunched the first set of factory rotors and I replaced them with some slotted Bradi rotors from Germany and some 1144 Mintex pads bonded up.... it was the first car with ABS, airbags and airconditioning.Next came the Mondeo ST 2.5 with the Duratec 32 valve V6 - I think this is the Mk3 model which didn't come to Australia (and neither did the Escort!)... Liked that car, it had ESP, cruise and climate - 5 speed manual and great for touring...Then it was company car time... I had a Territory AWD and now I have a XR6T...
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 10m 27d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 07/06/06 07:59 AM Posted 07/06/06 07:59 AM `78 - Monza Red XC GS Falcon Coupe - 350 holley, extractors, etc... Loved it.`94 - Polynesian Green ED XR6 ("Sprint" body kit otherwise stock)`02 - Silhouette AU III XR6 VCT`03 - Phantom XR6 NA Sedan (modified @ RDP, 233kwfw)`84 - White Honda Accord (LMAO) - The shopping trolley`00 - White Hyundai Excell 5 spd (LMAO) - The upgraded shopping trolley when the Honda blew up.`04 - Mandarin XR6T Utilityand...<------------- `05 Shockwave XR6T SedanCrazy
citric acid xr6t Legacy Donating Member 449 Member For: 23y 5m 1d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 07/06/06 10:01 AM Posted 07/06/06 10:01 AM My humble beginnings:Morris Minor 1000 4 Door I was the second owner bought it off an 80 year old woman she was upgrading to a new Mazda 323.Morris Minor 1000 2 door bought for the princely sum of $30.00 it was a goer and still registered. I stripped it for sparesCortina TE WagonFairmont XT 302 3 speed auto why oh why did I sell this Capri sports sedan fitted with a crossflow 250 falcon engine 9" diff and L34 4 speed gearbox. What a hootLandrover Series II shortwheel baseNissan GQ PatrolNissan Maxima 30GMitsubishi Pajero ExceedBA XR6turbo And mingled in amongst these were different company cars, HQ panel van, Gemini panel van, Suzuki swift, Toyota Corrolla wagon, Mazda 323 wagon, Mazda 626 wagon, Camry Wagon, VS Late model camira wagon, VT Late model camira Wagon, AU Falcon Wagon
JimmyXR6T04 Member 1,299 Member For: 21y 3m 11d Location: Canberra Posted 07/06/06 10:15 AM Posted 07/06/06 10:15 AM Expensive Daewoo Camira VL Commodore - thought it was my current cars.Ford Laser - my girlfriend uses this as her run around carXR6T '86 Toyota corolla - my second run around car, previously my grandmas.. only 95k on the clock!
KrasH Bloody Orange Team (BOT) Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 23y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: Canberra, Australia Posted 07/06/06 10:22 AM Posted 07/06/06 10:22 AM My first car (was actually the family car) was a Falcon XF.My second car was the first car I owned and it was a 1998 N15II Pulsar SSS.My 3rd and current car is the Falcon XR6 Turbo By far the best of the 3.
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 12d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 07/06/06 10:25 AM Posted 07/06/06 10:25 AM My first car (was actually the family car) was a Falcon XF.My second car was the first car I owned and it was a 1998 N15II Pulsar SSS.My 3rd and current car is the Falcon XR6 Turbo By far the best of the 3.←Long time no see, good to see ya back
ORSMBA ORSM Ford Cruisers! Legacy Donating Member 319 Member For: 21y 4m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/06/06 12:50 PM Posted 07/06/06 12:50 PM My Car list.1971 Escort - Burnt Orange. 1.3litre 1976 Mazda 929 - Pearl Blue, 2.0litre Balanced & Blueprinted, 5 speed, Side draught Dellorto Carby. Lowered on Hot Wire Mags.1991 Daihatsu Applause - Metallic Green, 1.6litre ,Lowered, only headwork and extractors.1990 Daihatsu Charade Sedan - Blue, 1.3lite, Lowered, Full ExhaustMy current ride is a 2004 XR6, and a 1998 VT Acclaim that my wife tries to destroy. But Im considering an upgrade of both cars to a Turbo Terri as I dont drive the XR much anymore.Matt
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now