willow Member 11 Member For: 19y 11m 28d Posted 08/10/06 02:00 PM Posted 08/10/06 02:00 PM what is the general feeling of putting a pod filter on an xr6t?I've got some bits I pulled off my last car (05 wrx wagon) Blitz pod filter being one!is it a good idea to use it on my new beast or is a panel filter a better option?by the way, much happier with the xr6t than the wrx(exept the exhaust burble)but have blown away 2 rexy's so far & held pace with mates sti with 207rwkw
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 26d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 09/10/06 12:16 AM Posted 09/10/06 12:16 AM I think they are fine as long as the pod is shielded from the heat of the engine bay. Being open to the elements the pod will get dirty quicker
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 09/10/06 12:59 AM Posted 09/10/06 12:59 AM I asked the same question recently and decided aginast it.
willow Member 11 Member For: 19y 11m 28d Posted 09/10/06 09:45 AM Author Posted 09/10/06 09:45 AM Cheers for that, yeah, cause I've got it I might give it a lash, but if it's no good or looks dicky I'll put the stocko one back on and just keep it clean.
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 28d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 09/10/06 10:37 AM Posted 09/10/06 10:37 AM Just make sure you enclose it and have direct cold air running into it.. If you leave it unenclosed in the engine bay you will be sucking in all the hot air and you may well loose power (only slightly I would think).
SAMSXR6T Member 685 Member For: 21y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: CENTRAL COAST Posted 09/10/06 11:03 AM Posted 09/10/06 11:03 AM I think the k&n panel filters are just as effective as the pod's. as stated above the pod has to be enclosed or away from heat to work properly...
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 8m 27d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 09/10/06 12:37 PM Posted 09/10/06 12:37 PM We did back to back dyno runs with a pod filter and the stock airbox with 2nd cai and ford filter. With the big arse KN pod, with direct cold air being fed to it from 2 huge dyno fans, it made 283rwkws.With the stock box etc, it made 281rwkws, straight after the pod run, maybe 10 minutes between.The main differences were when the pod was fitted, sounded better but there 3 rich spots on the map and it had a squigglier line. When the 3 dips in power were registered, puffs of black smoke (running rich) were emitted.When we compared the 2 maps the factory setup provided a much smoother power curve, with no dips or spikes. So IMHO I would put a 2nd cai and a KN panel filter or similar, unless you are going to fully box the pod.
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 12d Gender: Male Posted 09/10/06 11:40 PM Posted 09/10/06 11:40 PM does having the KN Filter make the intake noise (ie. turbo sound) sound louder?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now