JET4CE Member 29 Member For: 20y 6m 7d Posted 25/09/06 01:12 AM Posted 25/09/06 01:12 AM Gday Guys,I removed the centre muffler the other day and now sometimes when when I accelerate, generally before I hit boost, I get a splutter like its either getting too much fuel or its starving of fuel. Either way I cant accelerate until I back off and try again. Doesnt do it all the time just every now and then.Im guessing that because I have removed the centre muffler it has less restriction.Iknow I have an overboost problem since I put the bigger cooler, K&N etc.. so would this problem be related to overboosting? Will an edit/tune fix the problem?Cheers
ROLMDL role model Member 1,111 Member For: 20y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne,S.E Posted 25/09/06 01:56 AM Posted 25/09/06 01:56 AM Possible that your car is about to go into limp mode or the factoryECU doesnt no whats going on but in saying that I wouldnt thinkby removing the centre muffler it would unrestric anything as thatnot restricted part of the exhaust but you also have a cooler and k&nI would very much say you need a edit ahahah.
gogo Member of team Kittens Member 609 Member For: 22y 7m 15d Location: Melbourne Posted 25/09/06 02:08 AM Posted 25/09/06 02:08 AM Possible that your car is about to go into limp mode or the factoryECU doesnt no whats going on but in saying that I wouldnt thinkby removing the centre muffler it would unrestric anything as thatnot restricted part of the exhaust but you also have a cooler and k&nI would very much say you need a edit ahahah.←More over - if you don't get it done soon you run some very serious risks of damaging your car.what you have done NEEDS a tune to make is safe...I would suggest you find a good tuner and get a custom tune ASAPgood luck - and stop give it to it until you get a tune - in fact I would not drive the car...Cheers, Ben.
ROLMDL role model Member 1,111 Member For: 20y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne,S.E Posted 25/09/06 02:22 AM Posted 25/09/06 02:22 AM Which state are you in JET4CE??
JET4CE Member 29 Member For: 20y 6m 7d Posted 25/09/06 03:23 AM Author Posted 25/09/06 03:23 AM VIC mate!
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 9m Location: North Brisbane Posted 25/09/06 03:36 AM Posted 25/09/06 03:36 AM Plug gaps mate - make sure they are .7 all round.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now