mickey_gee Member 593 Member For: 21y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 20/09/06 01:21 PM Posted 20/09/06 01:21 PM You can come to newcastle. you probably wont find a job here, but not mamy people have them here anyway....MGI might pull a sickie tomorrow....
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 20/09/06 01:37 PM Posted 20/09/06 01:37 PM I have worked FIFO: 2 weeks on 2 weeks of $120000 a year. Good rooms with foxtel phone etc, sthe food was sh*t.I work in kalgoorlie 4 days on 4 days off, not quite as much money but I am at home everynight and it is like working with your mates go out bike riding, playing golf etc on days off.←$120k doing 2 and 2? what where you doing and where was that?
BOoya Member 118 Member For: 20y 2m 3d Location: Somewhere on the Open Highway, NT Posted 20/09/06 02:02 PM Posted 20/09/06 02:02 PM Recruiting Paramedics (students) next year, 4day shifts, 4night shifts, 9 weeks annual, but the pay isnt all that flash.... well, compared to other states lol
Goobz Member 746 Member For: 21y 11m 23d Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney Posted 20/09/06 08:03 PM Posted 20/09/06 08:03 PM Yeah I'm hunting for a change of career atm aswell.Prob is I have no idea what I'm gonna do!Anyone got any ideas?!
FPVPSI Member 503 Member For: 23y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 20/09/06 09:12 PM Posted 20/09/06 09:12 PM Im after two good cabinet makers, so if anyone knows any in Vic...lemme know...
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 21/09/06 02:22 AM Posted 21/09/06 02:22 AM With no stirring Scotty I take it you dont know...Fly In Fly Out←Yeah mate I did know of the concept, just didnt put the two together chhers mate. If I wanted to stay in Brisbane, could you fly in fly out from there?Scotty
Goobz Member 746 Member For: 21y 11m 23d Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney Posted 21/09/06 07:05 AM Posted 21/09/06 07:05 AM I've never heard of this FIFO. Whats the deal with it?Chris
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 21/09/06 07:07 AM Posted 21/09/06 07:07 AM I've never heard of this FIFO. Whats the deal with it?Chris←You fly in to some very isolated joint, typically a mine, work for two weeks straight, then fly 'home' again for two weeks off...repeat.Guys. This might sound stupid, but do you get paid for the two weeks 'off' as well, or is it just the fact that the two weeks on makes up for it?Lumpy
F6_Tornado F6+300+ Member 940 Member For: 21y 10m 26d Location: In The Ute Posted 21/09/06 07:17 AM Posted 21/09/06 07:17 AM I've never heard of this FIFO. Whats the deal with it?Chris←You fly in to some very isolated joint, typically a mine, work for two weeks straight, then fly 'home' again for two weeks off...repeat.Guys. This might sound stupid, but do you get paid for the two weeks 'off' as well, or is it just the fact that the two weeks on makes up for it?Lumpy ←Depends on the work agreement.Typically you only get paid for the two weeks-on, then have two off! then go and earn a fist full the next two weeks. Usually 12 hour days in a remote location but with accommodation and all meals supplied. So your only expense whilst on site is Beer!!
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 27d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 21/09/06 07:21 AM Posted 21/09/06 07:21 AM I've never heard of this FIFO. Whats the deal with it?Chris←You fly in to some very isolated joint, typically a mine, work for two weeks straight, then fly 'home' again for two weeks off...repeat.Guys. This might sound stupid, but do you get paid for the two weeks 'off' as well, or is it just the fact that the two weeks on makes up for it?Lumpy ←My mate does it and he doesnt get paid for the week he comes home.He gets $75k for being away from home for 2 weeks at a time.Bugger that. Im a family man.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now