hafadude Legacy Donating Member 245 Member For: 21y 4m 23d Gender: Male Location: Cairns Qld Posted 14/09/06 02:29 PM Posted 14/09/06 02:29 PM A quick question. In Qld, fuel is available with 10% ethanol mixed in. Is it OK for us with turbo's? Anyone had any experience with it?
obi Member 150 Member For: 20y 5m 19d Location: Qld Posted 14/09/06 08:04 PM Posted 14/09/06 08:04 PM Yeh! I use it in mine every now and again (95ron) & it seems to go alright, but from what I have read your economy may suffer a little.
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 15d Posted 15/09/06 12:11 AM Posted 15/09/06 12:11 AM Its fine to use. Read your owners manual and contact your ford service department and either of which will tell you the same thing, that you can use up to 10 percent ethanol. Just dont let it sit in your tank for a prolonged period that's all
TIMXR6T Member 116 Member For: 21y 1m 4d Location: Shire Posted 15/09/06 12:17 AM Posted 15/09/06 12:17 AM This week I am trying Shell Optimax Extreme which has 5% in it. I have done around 100K's in it already and a 1/4 of tank is gone. Mind you it was driving in the city and I do have a lead foot so it isnt that bad. Tomorrow I am heading down Wollongong so I see how it goes on the freeway.
loopism Tractor Driver Member 709 Member For: 20y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 15/09/06 02:12 AM Posted 15/09/06 02:12 AM There's even a little sticker inside the fuel filler door that says E10 is OK
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 1m 1d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 15/09/06 03:05 AM Posted 15/09/06 03:05 AM I reckon its great... So far ive gotten the best fuel econmy out of it and that's just on the 95.. On 98 the power delevery feels smoother and the car just feels like it goes better in general. Ive been using the United brandRob
Guest dico2020 Guests Posted 15/09/06 05:25 AM Posted 15/09/06 05:25 AM the united boost 98 has a very noticable difference, and its cheap as chips
gogo Member of team Kittens Member 609 Member For: 22y 7m 13d Location: Melbourne Posted 15/09/06 05:30 AM Posted 15/09/06 05:30 AM I ran the 94 octane E10 united fuel in my other car - fuel econ dropped 15%I will not put it the 98 in the Turbo...The Optimax extreme I have run a couple of times, but no real difference as map is based on 98, and they sting you more so forget about it
xlnt6 Legacy Donating Member 350 Member For: 22y 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Victoria Posted 15/09/06 06:08 AM Posted 15/09/06 06:08 AM I have run Optimax Extreme 100 (5% ethanol) for about 6 months. No problems. Car is more responsive with 100 than 98, but my tune is optimised for the 100. No difference in economy.Robin.
cooltint Member 686 Member For: 23y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast QLD Posted 15/09/06 02:10 PM Posted 15/09/06 02:10 PM (edited) I've been running 98 E10 for about a year now in both XR6T and the new 'Phoon, excellent economy and power.The guy at the servo asked me if it goes alright, when I told him it does 13's (stock) he could'nt believe it. I said it must be his fuel. lolBig AL Edited 15/09/06 02:13 PM by cooltint
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now