SHOCK Team Grandpa Legacy Donating Member 1,921 Member For: 20y 5m Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley Posted 21/08/06 09:07 AM Posted 21/08/06 09:07 AM Same as Phoon but more expensive......not a real hard choice
FPV 521 FPV521 Member 989 Member For: 22y 25d Gender: Male Posted 21/08/06 09:33 AM Posted 21/08/06 09:33 AM How much is a GTS worth?
GT290 Member 320 Member For: 21y 2m 16d Location: Brisbane Posted 21/08/06 09:45 AM Posted 21/08/06 09:45 AM How much is a GTS worth?←according to what I've heard around $75 K
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 8m 24d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 21/08/06 09:52 AM Posted 21/08/06 09:52 AM according to what I've heard around $75 K←Plus on roads and any options, which like FPV is farking expensive.
johng Member 43 Member For: 20y 1m 17d Posted 21/08/06 10:16 AM Posted 21/08/06 10:16 AM So you are probably looking at $80k+ for a dunnydore. Stuffed if I'd pay that for a Late model camira or a falcon.
mickq Member 740 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Posted 21/08/06 01:10 PM Posted 21/08/06 01:10 PM Hey all,I checked out all the HSV cars and wrote down the times to email them to a friend:R8/GTS: 307kw/550Nm. 0-100 4.96sec (!!) for manual, 5.05 for autoMaloo: 0-100 5.2sec (manual), 5.1sec (auto)Grange: 0-100 5.3 sec.Coupe Signature: 0-100 5.2 (auto), 5.1 (man)VXR: 170kw/320Nm. 0-100: 6.2sec for manualMust say that a sub-5 second car is great to see: about time Australian cars broke that barrier!I note on the LS1 forums there are a few people whingeing as a lot of things that probably should be standard arent any more.For example, you get leather standard on the SS-V, but not on the R8. 6 pot calipers apparently have gone as standard too. A bunch of other things as well.I will be very interested to see the prices. Its possible that they got rid of all those nice goodies to enable them to offer a much cheaper "base" model. I wouldnt say no to a sub-5 second 'standard' car!Hate to see what they will go like when someone adds a blower...
jabba Member 38 Member For: 21y 4m 17d Posted 21/08/06 01:22 PM Posted 21/08/06 01:22 PM I mean that's 996 911 turbo fast.Dont thinks so!←The times guys are getting from Auto F6's, stock would be as quick, so it's deffinatly possible. The F6 is a couple of hundred kilos heavier, and has 30kw less, so why not??←I agree. Has anyone considered that the new Commy might have a closer ratio box to make up it's short coming with the extra weight it is carrying.. Also the weight is distributed more evenly, so the Commy will be able to launch of the line more effectively the the Falcon......I will even go as far as saying the VE will kick Fords ass (even F6) from hear to kingdom come on the track... It posture make it a very agile car.....Time will tellI hope I am proven wrong.....
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 15d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 21/08/06 02:04 PM Posted 21/08/06 02:04 PM (edited) Also the weight is distributed more evenly, so the Commy will be able to launch of the line more effectively the the Falcon......←I mentioned this a while ago. A better chassis, better suspension etc all add to a 'performance' package.Not just how much power it's got or how fast it gets from here to there.Guys are just getting caught up in the numbers game, and not looking at how the car might be to live with. I hope for our sakes Orion is a better package, or Ford might be in trouble. Edited 21/08/06 02:05 PM by F6 UTE
Max Power Member 381 Member For: 22y 4m 27d Location: MENAI, NSW Posted 21/08/06 02:17 PM Posted 21/08/06 02:17 PM Coupe Signature: 0-100 5.2 (auto), 5.1 (man)←Whats a Coupe Signature?The only thing I can think of is a Monaro. Whats the go? Anyone?
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 8d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 22/08/06 12:30 AM Posted 22/08/06 12:30 AM Still just another Expensive Daewoo peice of
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now