jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 24/08/06 07:46 AM Posted 24/08/06 07:46 AM I use the PWR and yes it required a bit of grinding to fit but the price put it darn close to a Wog Cooler and the quality ahead of it. As to the power gains, well that's not just a result of the cooler but requires some decent tuning as well. Little bit cooler air charge temp allowing a couple more degrees here and there ...perhaps. The issue for me was repeatibility and reliability of performance, which a large core I/c can provide with propoer choice, fitment and tuning.Dingah←close price wise.. I dont think so.as for the original question at hand.. ring PWR, talk to them and demand to talk to someone that can give you the answers to your questions. I also chose my cooler for the same reasons as dingah did "repeatability and reliability of performance" but not only those factors came into play. I also took into consideration the price
byi Legacy Donating Member 159 Member For: 21y 1m 8d Posted 24/08/06 09:07 AM Posted 24/08/06 09:07 AM (edited) For those members with the PWR IC does it directly bolt into the pre-existing tubing? plus fits on without the need for grinding or any modifications? If I remember correctly I believe if the end tanks are larger than 82mm that is when problems occur.Also for anyone who can share pictures of the PWR ic installed or even a side by side comparision it would be greatly appreciated Cheers Edited 24/08/06 09:10 AM by byi
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 24/08/06 09:30 AM Posted 24/08/06 09:30 AM For those members with the PWR IC does it directly bolt into the pre-existing tubing? plus fits on without the need for grinding or any modifications? If I remember correctly I believe if the end tanks are larger than 82mm that is when problems occur.Also for anyone who can share pictures of the PWR ic installed or even a side by side comparision it would be greatly appreciated Cheers←PM baturb.. he has some pics.. maybe he can send them for you
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 8d Posted 24/08/06 01:23 PM Posted 24/08/06 01:23 PM For those members with the PWR IC does it directly bolt into the pre-existing tubing? plus fits on without the need for grinding or any modifications? If I remember correctly I believe if the end tanks are larger than 82mm that is when problems occur.Also for anyone who can share pictures of the PWR ic installed or even a side by side comparision it would be greatly appreciated Cheers←You will need to cut the top of the stock intercooler pipe down as PWR run a metal pipe in its place. The older PWR coolers needed to have ground out the bumper support, however the brand new versions they have modified the end tanks so they actually fit (funny they have a BF Turbo at their head office, they must have figured this out when the tried fitting one)
gmax Member 44 Member For: 20y 9m 25d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 24/08/06 02:27 PM Posted 24/08/06 02:27 PM just to ensure I have this right... is the part number for a BA mk 2, same as BA mk1 cooler, and BF different...???I wanna buy one, dont wanna grind my yellow terror... call me old fashioned, a bolt-on should just bolt on....can anyone tell me the part no for BA mk 2 PWR cooler, so I dont get shafted...thanks
BAturb Member 521 Member For: 21y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 24/08/06 08:44 PM Posted 24/08/06 08:44 PM pic of the PWR installed
BAturb Member 521 Member For: 21y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 24/08/06 08:45 PM Posted 24/08/06 08:45 PM pic side by side with stock cooler (not my car)
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 24/08/06 09:46 PM Posted 24/08/06 09:46 PM It's only slightly bigger!
LightningXR6T Member 197 Member For: 21y 2m 27d Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 24/08/06 11:45 PM Author Posted 24/08/06 11:45 PM (edited) pic of the PWR installed<div class='bbimg'><div class='bbimg'></div></div>←Not much difference is there! Edited 24/08/06 11:47 PM by LightningXR6T
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 8d Posted 25/08/06 12:02 AM Posted 25/08/06 12:02 AM just to ensure I have this right... is the part number for a BA mk 2, same as BA mk1 cooler, and BF different...???I wanna buy one, dont wanna grind my yellow terror... call me old fashioned, a bolt-on should just bolt on....can anyone tell me the part no for BA mk 2 PWR cooler, so I dont get shafted...thanks←Going by what PWR have told me in past instances they have changed the design so you dont have to grind, but to be safe call them, tell them what model you have they will give you a part number, ask them if you have to grind, they will tell you no, then if you have a problem, send it back.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now