GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 12/02/04 05:19 AM Posted 12/02/04 05:19 AM Would anyone be able to post some dyno results of either a Phase 1 APS kit , 300kw exede kit or any other phase 1 type kits.I'd love to but I 'll be stuffed if I know how to.Anyone want to give me instruction? What's that Trev, you are looking to be told?Scotty No scotty he is just on the pills again. IanI will see if I still have mine.
surfsup Member 13 Member For: 22y 5m 21d Location: sydney Posted 08/04/04 06:33 AM Posted 08/04/04 06:33 AM great topic, well I just picked up my xr6t and breaking it in , ive talked to boys at brad garlick (herrod workshop) they can take you as far as you want I guess its the same , it comes down to $$$$$anyway they can do exhaust, intake and new computer without avoiding the factory warranty, but the said the same as aps if you want to go over 300kw you need bigger squirters and when you break the integrity of the donk that’s when ford voids the warrantyso for about 3-4k you can go to 300kw maybe 320 but then its up to youand the bloke on the other end of the dyno hahaha :lol:
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 08/04/04 06:37 AM Posted 08/04/04 06:37 AM so for about 3-4k you can go to 300kw maybe 320 but then its up to youand the bloke on the other end of the dyno hahaha :lol: surfsup hi and :hiwelcome: to the forum if your going to spend 3 to 4 grand you'll go higher than 300kw, l wouldn't bother with the exhaust mod unless you go APS my view anyway
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 08/04/04 07:53 AM Posted 08/04/04 07:53 AM anyway they can do exhaust, intake and new computer without avoiding the factory warranty, Welcome but I would get that warranty issue in writing because I very much doubt that this is the case.Ian
cdm Member 886 Member For: 23y 11m 17d Posted 08/04/04 09:28 AM Author Posted 08/04/04 09:28 AM Ahhh, it's good to see this relic of a thread up and running again.... One thing I have noticed since however long ago I started this thread.....How many people have got mods other than APS and Chiptorque?I think the majority of mods are done by APS, and a few people are runing the XEDE from Chiptorque but does anybody use the others? I can only think of a couple that have gone down the Nizpro route.....a few people who have gone capa then got rid of it.....so far no one has gone AVO and as far as I know there is only one member using the dynomotive product (not suprisingly ) I'm sure these are all great products but I would be interested to hear a bit about the not so publicised products out of curiosity.Cheers, Chris
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 09/04/04 09:06 PM Posted 09/04/04 09:06 PM Yes, you'd need documents & multiple copies of them IMO.Scotty
CnC SportCompact.biz Member 328 Member For: 23y 6m 17d Location: Canberra Posted 12/04/04 03:50 AM Posted 12/04/04 03:50 AM Ahhh, it's good to see this relic of a thread up and running again.... One thing I have noticed since however long ago I started this thread.....How many people have got mods other than APS and Chiptorque?I think the majority of mods are done by APS, and a few people are runing the XEDE from Chiptorque but does anybody use the others? I can only think of a couple that have gone down the Nizpro route.....a few people who have gone capa then got rid of it.....so far no one has gone AVO and as far as I know there is only one member using the dynomotive product (not suprisingly ) I'm sure these are all great products but I would be interested to hear a bit about the not so publicised products out of curiosity.Cheers, Chris I'd say this is a reflection of the quality and engineering of the various offerings. You can either have backyard hack style, or OEM like quality, your choice
Guest FatBAt Guests Posted 15/04/04 09:26 PM Posted 15/04/04 09:26 PM Man I cant wait for the warrenty period to be up!!! APS has done a hell of a job <Picture: div20.gif> To steal a quote from the opposition I JUST WANT ONE!I don't get it why does everyone one say they will wait for there warranty period to be up? If you modify your car you void your warranty so if something goes wrong you will have to pay for it to get fixed. And once your warranty period is up you will have to pay for anything that needs fixing, so either way the end result is the same, you will pay! So why wait if modifying is what you want to do? Try and explain that to the wife...
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 25/05/04 11:50 AM Posted 25/05/04 11:50 AM Great topic. Lets not forget the Warranty issues though.I spoke to my local service manager and he advised that the engine managment system will be able to detect and log any changes to boost etc. (Given that I have a good relationship with this dealer I tent to think this is a true statement!)So if people are planing on making mods and then removing them before a service / warranty repair then you may be in for a shock!? I know most people make these upgrades with this in mind but there will be a few who may assume things...Each to their own..Good luck.my 2c worth.. Very true, but the whole idea behind the various chips/boost boxes is to prevent the factory PCM from seeing more boost than factory tolerances allow, as it will otherwise pull down the boost by other means than the wastegate, I.e. valve timing or ignition timing!The moment the PCM sees overboost, it will pull the boost down to a "safe" level, and only after some time of driving with no further overboost, or after stopping and turning the engine off, and then back on again after a few seconds, will the boost return to the modified setting.I have been running a CAPA 8-9 psi kit for a year now, and had absolutely no problems with the engine or driveline.Only observation is that the engine management appears to change a lot under different conditions, and the boost has to be calibrated very accurately.What I am seeing at the moment is a boost spike to 11 psi, after which the boost stabilises on about 8.5 psi.The car is fast enough to whip Holdens SV8 in manual!Like other posts on the forum, I would also like to get rid of the "jet lag" and have the boost come on earlier and stronger, even though my car is not too bad.
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 25/05/04 08:06 PM Posted 25/05/04 08:06 PM Like other posts on the forum, I would also like to get rid of the "jet lag" hey Ninka,long time no hear, are you planning as many others are to change injectors, fuel pump & springs?Scotty CCC
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now