XRBloke Legacy Donating Member 1,219 Member For: 23y 3m 6d Posted 11/08/06 03:11 AM Posted 11/08/06 03:11 AM In my territory ghia to turn them up I have to turn off the radio then use the radio volume control, they are excellent. If they werent factory fitted with premium sound then I suggest you talk to the dealer about increasing the volume, you should be able to hear them though! Cheers!
XRSICKT Member 1,032 Member For: 23y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/08/06 03:21 AM Posted 11/08/06 03:21 AM In my territory ghia to turn them up I have to turn off the radio then use the radio volume control, they are excellent. If they werent factory fitted with premium sound then I suggest you talk to the dealer about increasing the volume, you should be able to hear them though! Cheers!←I reckon this will be the answer
F6_Tornado F6+300+ Member 940 Member For: 21y 10m 24d Location: In The Ute Posted 11/08/06 03:41 AM Posted 11/08/06 03:41 AM In my territory ghia to turn them up I have to turn off the radio then use the radio volume control, they are excellent. If they werent factory fitted with premium sound then I suggest you talk to the dealer about increasing the volume, you should be able to hear them though! Cheers!←I reckon this will be the answer ←Again this is a Ghia and that is the normal way to adjust the volume.However even with Premium sound (STD) and factory fitted reverse sensors to an F6 the volume is NON adjustable.
loopism Tractor Driver Member 709 Member For: 20y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/08/06 07:13 AM Posted 11/08/06 07:13 AM Again this is a Ghia and that is the normal way to adjust the volume.However even with Premium sound (STD) and factory fitted reverse sensors to an F6 the volume is NON adjustable.←So why put it in the owners manual without some disclaimer? (Not that you are able to do anything about that ... just a gripe)
F6_Tornado F6+300+ Member 940 Member For: 21y 10m 24d Location: In The Ute Posted 11/08/06 07:31 AM Posted 11/08/06 07:31 AM Again this is a Ghia and that is the normal way to adjust the volume.However even with Premium sound (STD) and factory fitted reverse sensors to an F6 the volume is NON adjustable.←So why put it in the owners manual without some disclaimer? (Not that you are able to do anything about that ... just a gripe)←Fair comment and one that I personally took up with my dealer after trading a Fairmont Ghia for an F6.I never had a problem adjusting the volume in the Ghia but for the life of me could not in the F6 so with the owners manual in one hand I took on the dealer who said it is so simple you just follow the manual and do this. Mmm …..Many hours and days later after much correspondence they said it can’t be done and it should not have been in the manual!!!!Far out!!! Same sound system etc but it’s just is not installed the same and as such it doesn’t work as per the manual unless it’s a Ghia.It’s just another little “Ford Thing”
Jonno Member 79 Member For: 20y 1m 24d Posted 11/08/06 02:29 PM Author Posted 11/08/06 02:29 PM Thanks to all for their comments. To be fair the instruction in the manual for adjusting the volume does say "where fitted", but I thought the XR6 may fit into that category.I went for the lux pac, side air bads, roof and sensors. If they asked me to pay extra for the sensors I could hear then I would have. Still, I will talk to my dealer and if he cant fix it then I will attempt to have the price of the option refunded.I will let you know how I go.
XRSICKT Member 1,032 Member For: 23y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 15/08/06 09:58 AM Posted 15/08/06 09:58 AM Again this is a Ghia and that is the normal way to adjust the volume.However even with Premium sound (STD) and factory fitted reverse sensors to an F6 the volume is NON adjustable.←So why put it in the owners manual without some disclaimer? (Not that you are able to do anything about that ... just a gripe)←Fair comment and one that I personally took up with my dealer after trading a Fairmont Ghia for an F6.I never had a problem adjusting the volume in the Ghia but for the life of me could not in the F6 so with the owners manual in one hand I took on the dealer who said it is so simple you just follow the manual and do this. Mmm …..Many hours and days later after much correspondence they said it can’t be done and it should not have been in the manual!!!!Far out!!! Same sound system etc but it’s just is not installed the same and as such it doesn’t work as per the manual unless it’s a Ghia.It’s just another little “Ford Thing”←MMmm, maybe its just a couple of wires hanging behind the FCC that need to be plugged in somewhere, they're not plugged in because Ford don;t think it should just like the footwel lights..
Jonno Member 79 Member For: 20y 1m 24d Posted 18/08/06 01:42 AM Author Posted 18/08/06 01:42 AM Again this is a Ghia and that is the normal way to adjust the volume.However even with Premium sound (STD) and factory fitted reverse sensors to an F6 the volume is NON adjustable.←So why put it in the owners manual without some disclaimer? (Not that you are able to do anything about that ... just a gripe)←Fair comment and one that I personally took up with my dealer after trading a Fairmont Ghia for an F6.I never had a problem adjusting the volume in the Ghia but for the life of me could not in the F6 so with the owners manual in one hand I took on the dealer who said it is so simple you just follow the manual and do this. Mmm …..Many hours and days later after much correspondence they said it can’t be done and it should not have been in the manual!!!!Far out!!! Same sound system etc but it’s just is not installed the same and as such it doesn’t work as per the manual unless it’s a Ghia.It’s just another little “Ford Thing”←MMmm, maybe its just a couple of wires hanging behind the FCC that need to be plugged in somewhere, they're not plugged in because Ford don;t think it should just like the footwel lights..←I wonder if anyone can shed any more light on a mod that will allow me to change the volume of the reversing sensors?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now