Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 11d
Posted

Modifications I have so far:

APS power pipe with blow off valve

2.5 inch exhaust from cat back

walbro fuel pump

tuned with a CAPA flash tuner.

I have been to see the local work shop who does dyno tuning as my current tune has a problem and the fuel consumption is going up and up.

I have been told I would not be able to get over 260 hp at the flywheel but I am fairly positive when my car was tuned before I had 260KW at the wheels.

Now I have bigger injectors I would like to get them fitted and get it retuned, but I have been told it is a waste of time as I need a new exhaust either 3 or 3.5 inch to allow me to get any more power out of my car.

The question I have is do I need to upgrade my exhaust to make it worth while fitting the injectors / retuning my car? I dont want to go over 300 rwkw.

I may need to send my Flash tuner away for a new tune / is this an option as I do not see myself getting back to perth in the near future?

Thanks

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

The Exhaust is good for 300rwkw.

I would check the CAT as it may have melted. If not find a better tuner

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 11d
Posted

not many tuners in kalgoorlie, and I dont know when I will be able to get it to perth. I think I would be happy with about 300kw. Just need to find someone who will do a tune for me.

  • Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Whistling, GTX.
Posted

Has the car now got a single 2.5" exhaust on it?

Or is it twin 2.5"?

Jack :laughing:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 4m 8d
Posted

I think the best way is to speak to another tuner and see if they can sort out a solution, Maybe you can send them your box. Now since your near Perth I will recommend Simon from Xtreme Ford Tuning, on this site As Xtremef6.

Is the CAT standard factory?

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 11d
Posted

yep my exhaust is a singli 2.5 inch exhaust with the stabdard cat.

Simon tuned my car before and I was very happy with the job he has done, I am not sure if he would like to do a tune for me without roadtesting the car though, but I will ask.

Thanks.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 10d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

260hp at the flywheel?? don't go back to that shop :crybaby: that's means they don't expect your car to get more then 193kw at the fly?? it would have that at the wheels standard.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 10d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

I'm sure Simon won't mind doing a mail order tune, just ask him. He's provided a few for me, and I just use a local dyno to run the car and check afrs etc, then I email the graphs to Simon so he can check them out and see what needs doing :crybaby:

  • Member of team Kittens
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 6d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
yep my exhaust is a singli 2.5 inch exhaust with the stabdard cat.

Simon tuned my car before and I was very happy with the job he has done, I am not sure if he would like to do a tune for me without roadtesting the car though, but I will ask.

Thanks.

No wonder you can't get much power - put the stock exhaust back on - this is twin 2 1/4 and should flow much better than a single 2.5!!!!

If you are replacing the exhaust you need 3.5 minimum (even 3" as our indiicated is going backwards relative to the stock system), or twin 2.5's - standard cat is usually the restriction, but in your case you might have a whole new level of restriction - so to answer your original question, yes IMHO you would be well advised to replace the exhaust before fitting the bigger injectors - otherwise I beleive you are wasting your time.

Until you get the stock system (or something that will breath a lot better than a single 2.5) back on you will find it much harder to make good power - this will also stress valve springs and have other ramifications...

Best of luck! :crybaby:

Ben.

  • Member of team Kittens
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 6d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
260hp at the flywheel?? don't go back to that shop  :crybaby:  that's means they don't expect your car to get more then 193kw at the fly?? it would have that at the wheels standard.

I expect the exhaust as indicated will be a MAJOR hurdle to making any sort of power - including matching stock power levels...

New exhaust time or re-install the stock exhaust with a good cat - this will flow enough for 300rwkw. If you are chasing that sort of figure I would highly advise getting valve springs - I am supprised you have not had major issues with these given your current exhaust...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...