Panda Member 225 Member For: 22y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: Gladstone, QLD Posted 03/08/06 11:56 PM Posted 03/08/06 11:56 PM I am trying to find some software to control my carputer by voice. Does anybody have any experience with Via-Voice, or any other software that I can use.All I want is simple commands - - volume up / down- next track / previous track- open program (Explorer / Internet Explorer / Windows Media Player etc)- shut downThanks,Panda
DCVIN Member 224 Member For: 21y 5m 13d Location: Perth Western Australia Posted 04/08/06 12:03 AM Posted 04/08/06 12:03 AM Dragon Naturally Speaking is very good for voicehttp://www.nuance.com/
Panda Member 225 Member For: 22y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: Gladstone, QLD Posted 04/08/06 12:21 AM Author Posted 04/08/06 12:21 AM Dragon Naturally Speaking is very good for voiceThanks, just had a look at the website. It seems a bit of overkill for what I want, but I will investigate a bit furtherPanda
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/08/06 12:38 AM Posted 04/08/06 12:38 AM Panda you are a full blown computer N**d. Sounds sweet, mate I would be interested in the results. Just Imagine A locally made car with modified intereior rivalling a top of the line BMW for complexity and gadegtery.Scotty
Panda Member 225 Member For: 22y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: Gladstone, QLD Posted 04/08/06 01:08 AM Author Posted 04/08/06 01:08 AM Panda you are a full blown computer N**dThanks.....I think.Actually I would classify myself as a computer nerd with a passion for cars - seemed like a natural progression to put a computer into a car.Panda
DCVIN Member 224 Member For: 21y 5m 13d Location: Perth Western Australia Posted 04/08/06 01:19 AM Posted 04/08/06 01:19 AM Well I dont think this will help but would be nice if you could find it.. there is a software you can get for a PDA not sure of the name I will try to find out but it is used for voice commands, not just that but it talks back to you just like the new mercs and bmw's do. So you say "radio" and it would say "what station?" Now if someone can find software to do that I will be setting up a Carputer for sure!If I can find the name of it I will check if they make a version for PC rather than PDA
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 18d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 04/08/06 01:28 AM Posted 04/08/06 01:28 AM IF you can find this gadgetry I would like something that told people to "don't lean on the CAR!!""keep your fingers off the windows"etc etc .. you get the picture shazzy
DCVIN Member 224 Member For: 21y 5m 13d Location: Perth Western Australia Posted 04/08/06 02:52 AM Posted 04/08/06 02:52 AM IF you can find this gadgetry I would like something that told people to "don't lean on the CAR!!""keep your fingers off the windows"etc etc .. you get the picture shazzy←Well I actually had this on my last car.. was hooked up with the alarm system. Had a PA attached to it. was awsome! had a little mic you could record anything you wanted.. Had one setting for arm, one for disarm and one for proxi.. so if someone came near the car it would say " Please step away from the Car" people would jump... but easy way of getting your car damaged if you left it in a car park..
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 04/08/06 03:40 AM Posted 04/08/06 03:40 AM Micro$ux has Voice Command for Wndows Mobile, there is also a version available for XP with the Plus pack optionI cannot recommend it, but it will do what you want.
crans Member 275 Member For: 20y 4m 28d Posted 04/08/06 05:17 AM Posted 04/08/06 05:17 AM Panda this possably will be a feature of my interface.Im using the Windows platfor sdk to make my interface. apart of this interface is voice recognition. ill have a better look at it over the weekend and let you know
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now