ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 31/07/06 10:51 PM Posted 31/07/06 10:51 PM Was towing the boat home last night from work, everything was going smoothly until I braked for a intersection, then it all went t!ts up....I heard a faint "pop", then looked down at the dash, and realised I had no dashlights! So I pulled over, and did the old trick, turn the car off, leave it off for 1 minute, and restarted it. Still no dashlights. By now, I had also noticed I had no taillights either!Traced the problem to a blown fuse. Replaced the fuse, and it blew again! Hmmm I disconnected the trailer wiring, and replaced the fuse again, beauty, it didnt blow. Back on my way.... Then I realised I had no ICC! No heater, no trip computer, no radio, just a blank screen. Weird. No reverse sensing system either. Ive booked it in with my useless service department for them to look at tomorrow. The only thing I did to the trailer/car yesterday was drop the oil, replace the filter, and put a bit of grease on the towball. I am now wondering whether greasing the towball was a mistake, does the trailer need to earth through the towball or something? I have towed the boat 4 times previously before, without greased towball, and its always gone beautiful. Any idea's?
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 31/07/06 10:56 PM Posted 31/07/06 10:56 PM Could be the lube But the trailer wiring should have earth in any case.Got to love all the electronic gizmos
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 31/07/06 10:57 PM Posted 31/07/06 10:57 PM I would bet the trailer has a problem. The earthing wire runs through the plug and can get corroded on the trailer, but it sounds like a dead short in the globe assebly on the trailer.I would say you have also blown another fuse that has taken out the ICC.
Trumpy What's happening? Legacy Donating Member 1,605 Member For: 23y 10m 3d Gender: Male Location: Steel City, NSW Posted 01/08/06 12:11 AM Posted 01/08/06 12:11 AM I think its forked. You should sell it, and go and buy a new one. With the V8 this time.ps. When are we going fishing?
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 01/08/06 12:17 AM Posted 01/08/06 12:17 AM The man is alive!!I reckon a V8 is insufficient for Micks needs...I think I've figured out what he's going to do with the spare vortech when replaced in the XC
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 01/08/06 11:04 AM Posted 01/08/06 11:04 AM I'd say young Michael that corrosion has had some effect on your BOrrowAnotherThousand trailer, grease has no part in your dramas and you are to be recomended for applying it.Rewire trailer and use garden hose as a wiring sheath to protect yourself from future occurances like this.
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 01/08/06 10:35 PM Author Posted 01/08/06 10:35 PM I'd say young Michael that corrosion has had some effect on your BOrrowAnotherThousand trailer, grease has no part in your dramas and you are to be recomended for applying it.Rewire trailer and use garden hose as a wiring sheath to protect yourself from future occurances like this.←lol @ BorrowAnotherThousand Ive only had it 4 weeks, and already its costing me! Its all under warranty, the Territory and trailer/boat, I am getting a auto elec to look at it today, will let you know results. I am now thinking the trailer wiring is a tad dodgy.Thanks for all comments!Cro: I like the way you think!Trumpy: Never.
Antisocial Weird Member Member 1,347 Member For: 23y 8m 4d Location: ACT Posted 02/08/06 11:03 AM Posted 02/08/06 11:03 AM And Mick has left out the most important fact...its not even his Territory.But when Kirsty finds out what you have done to her car, its sure as hell gunna be your problem. Wonder if you will walk with a limp....with a boat trailer shoved up your @rse....
ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 6m 4d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 02/08/06 07:11 PM Posted 02/08/06 07:11 PM Best point in this thread Mick is ....when we going fishing???
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 02/08/06 07:54 PM Posted 02/08/06 07:54 PM Best point in this thread Mick is ....when we going fishing??? ←Is there a boat big enough to carry you to Ian
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now