JET4CE Member 29 Member For: 20y 6m 7d Posted 20/07/06 11:17 PM Posted 20/07/06 11:17 PM Gday guys,This morning I gave the old girl a bit of a spray as you do, when the power seemed to drop out! I dont think it was the fuel cutout but after the drop in power the car was running like a pig, I couldnt accelerate at all, felt like I was running on 5 cylinders. So I pulled over, into park (still running rough) switched the car off, popped the bonnet to make sure nothing had come off. All looked well so I re-started it and it was running fine, with perfect idle. Continued driving with no issues!!!I have considered the following:Its overfueled somehow?Its reached the point of overboost and has gone into limp mode (I think this one)Can anyone think of any other possible scenarios??? The only mods the car has is K&N Filter and Wog CoolerCheers guys
xlnt6 Legacy Donating Member 350 Member For: 22y 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Victoria Posted 20/07/06 11:34 PM Posted 20/07/06 11:34 PM I think this could be a tune related issue. Your obviously running edit, so I think the overboost limp mode problem should be overcome. I had this problem early on, and on the odd occasion it still happens. It used to happen in the mid RPM range, just when the car was starting to boost. Due to extra advance in timing in the mid range, and the increase in cylinder pressures, you might have had a "miss", and the ECU goes into some kind of limp mode. The result is a constant miss and it runs like crap (ie 5 cyl). If you knock it out of gear and let the RPM drop to idle, then re-engage the clutch and bring the RPMs up again it would have cleared.Try gapping the plugs down a bit, or see your tuner and ask him what he can do ?CheersRobin.EDIT; Hang-on just re-read your post !!! Saw you had a wog cooler, so I assumed you had an edit as well. If that's NOT the case, then overboost limp mode is you most likely cause !!
turbotom Team Bute Legacy Donating Member 1,550 Member For: 23y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 20/07/06 11:43 PM Posted 20/07/06 11:43 PM Or a valve spring issue......tom
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 5m 6d Location: Canberra Posted 20/07/06 11:51 PM Posted 20/07/06 11:51 PM Or a valve spring issue......← My money's on the valve springs mate.
JET4CE Member 29 Member For: 20y 6m 7d Posted 20/07/06 11:53 PM Author Posted 20/07/06 11:53 PM Ok thanks, yeah havent got an EDIT as yet, its been fine so far but obviously when you push it to the limit it doesnt like it.You know of any good tuners in MelbTa
Dannopower Legacy Donating Member 421 Member For: 21y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Canberra ACT Posted 21/07/06 12:05 AM Posted 21/07/06 12:05 AM maybe your stepping on it too hard before its fully warmed up?
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 18d Posted 21/07/06 12:12 AM Posted 21/07/06 12:12 AM Or a valve spring issue......tom←bingo, id put my left arm on the fact that your springs are sh*tted.
Chooka THE Member Legacy Donating Member 1,210 Member For: 21y 3m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 21/07/06 12:13 AM Posted 21/07/06 12:13 AM Ok thanks, yeah havent got an EDIT as yet, its been fine so far but obviously when you push it to the limit it doesnt like it.You know of any good tuners in MelbTa←There are heaps of good ones mate, Nizpro, HPF and of corse the mighty "Wog" Chooka
JET4CE Member 29 Member For: 20y 6m 7d Posted 21/07/06 12:22 AM Author Posted 21/07/06 12:22 AM Valve Springs! GreatI cant understand though if it was valve springs, how a restart of the vehicle they would automatically come good and the car would run fine. Im still running standard boost pressure so didnt think they would be an issue. If they are U/S though how can I tell for sure if they have had it??Ta
bloosted Cruise Control 1,383 Member For: 20y 10m 3d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 21/07/06 12:31 AM Posted 21/07/06 12:31 AM Valve Springs! GreatI cant understand though if it was valve springs, how a restart of the vehicle they would automatically come good and the car would run fine. Im still running standard boost pressure so didnt think they would be an issue. If they are U/S though how can I tell for sure if they have had it??Ta← definately valve springs the springs aren,t strong enough to stop your lifters pumping up and when you stop it or back off for a while they come back down,exact symptons mine had
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now