Gfb Stealth Fx

Trough Lolly

• Member For: 19y 7m 20d

ok I got a gfb stealth FX bov and this is the 3rd time now its died on me!

the spring that holds the bearing in the head has worked its way into a twist again somehow and isnt venting properly only half opening the piston. even on idle the piston is half open through the vent port.

it works its way closed over a week or so until its eventually plumback, not sure if its meant to handle 15psi boost, it bloody should be for the price of it!!

looks like its time for bov rebuild #4 :stirthepot:

has anyone else had this problem or any others with a gfb bov??

• Big Gun
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 18d
What do these aftermarket BOVs such as this do that a standard one doesn't?

Is it just the noise?

You've had a Turbo for over 3 years and you're just asking that now?

Anyway, I'm runnin' 15psi with a GFB. I had mine stick a couple of times due to being dirty, but haven't had a problem in the last 18 months.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 27d
ok I got a gfb stealth FX bov and this is the 3rd time now its died on me!

the spring that holds the bearing in the head has worked its way into a twist again somehow and isnt venting properly only half opening the piston. even on idle the piston is half open through the vent port.

it works its way closed over a  week or so until its eventually plumback, not sure if its meant to handle 15psi boost, it bloody should be for the price of it!!

looks like its time for bov rebuild #4 :nono:

has anyone else had this problem or any others with a gfb bov??

its the wog tune... it farked it mate :tease::spoton:

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 4m 11d

You didn't answer my question Rob! I know the purpose of a BOV but what actually does the aftermarket one do better than a standard one? Are they suddenly neccesary when car is modded and boost is increased and the standard one can't hack the pace any more, a bit like standard valve springs? Genuine question.

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 21d
You didn't answer my question Rob! I know the purpose of a BOV but what actually does the aftermarket one do better than a standard one? Are they suddenly neccesary when car is modded and boost is increased and the standard one can't hack the pace any more, a bit like standard valve springs? Genuine question.

My car still retains the stock BOV.I have run up to 18psi with mine but normaly 13psi and its still working normal.I find it more bling factor then anything but there will be people that will tell you otherwise.

• Member For: 18y 7m 11d
what actually does the aftermarket one do better than a standard one?

I find it more bling factor then anything but there will be people that will tell you otherwise.

... and the people that tell you that are kidding themselves. It's a marketing pitch because of the bling, and because of the sound. Sic mate, Subwoofer!

The standard BOV does the job just fine, you seriously don't need to "upgrade" it (read - pay more for one that looks better but does the same thing)

If you like the sound, try an aftermarket one (or disconnect and block up the plumback hose off the original), but don't let someone (especially a salesperson) tell you that you need an aftermarket one - you don't.

• Member For: 19y 7m 20d
What do these aftermarket BOVs such as this do that a standard one doesn't?

Is it just the noise?

You've had a Turbo for over 3 years and you're just asking that now?

Anyway, I'm runnin' 15psi with a GFB. I had mine stick a couple of times due to being dirty, but haven't had a problem in the last 18 months.

hmm got me stuffed.. probly cuz mines a manual it gets used to often and mostly pretty hard. when it seized the first time we pulled it apart found it was a little dirty but the long ' spring that holds the bearing in the head so the head doesnt turn was completely twisted around itself and half hanging in the bore!

now when I give it to it and back off I hear the turbo flutter and then after that a PSHH lol.. its plumbback and venting both at once :spoton:

fkin thing... one more rebuild and if that dont work its a dual kompact turbosmart going on.